Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2007, 03:51 PM

greedy pup-arden grange

I have been feeding Charlie (G. Retriever) Arden Grange puppy food, and he is looking well on it, but he never seems to be full.
He is 14wks, weighs about 12kgs and is fed 100grms, 3 times a day in line with the manufactures guide but I don't think it is filling him up enough. He gets some biscuits as a supper before bed.
I feed him away from my older dog as he would eat his dinner too. I'm not sure he even tastes the food, he eats it so quickly. I'm not sure if he is hungry or just plain greedy . I gave him Ben's dinner of Butchers tripe with some AG in it by mistake one day and he lapped it up!!
When Ben was a pup I used to put brown bread through his canned meat but don't know if this would be suitable with the dry stuff, any ideas?.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Why do you say he never seems full? I'm amazed at his size at his age as well. I have a fully grown Mini Poodle male and he doesn't weigh that much! He could just be a greedy dog.
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 11:28 AM
is he wormed?
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Yes, he's been wormed. He is on the program monthly worm and flea treatment like my other animals.
He has just been weighed again by the vet as part of a puppy check, she told me her g.retriever was like this too and some of them are just greedy pigs
He is quite a big pup and quite active so maybe he just needs a lot of food, I've never had a pup as greedy as him before, I'm used to a fussy spaniel