View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Hi Gildy, I use photobucket, I find it easiest and it incorporates an edit feature which will resize the picture for you. It saves you having to worry about filling space as well. Once you have uploaded your picture to photobucket you just need to right click on the bottom box below the pic that says IMG, copy it and then pates it into your post...and your picture should appear when you preview your post.
I also use the MIHOV image resizer, there is a link for downloading that in this thread http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/how...tle_10395.html

Hope this helps, you will soon get the hang of it, but if you still struggle then post again and somebody might be able to explain it better than me
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Gildy,

Your garden writings are so interesting as usual!
I loved reading about your Dad putting the string of monkey nuts out, my Dad used to do that, and he'd always have some kind of bird keeping him company whilst he worked in his veg patch often a robin and blackbirds would have worms left for them by him on the path.
He was a country man through and through with so much knowledge......wished I'd listened to him more!

The birds on the whole are still ignoring my feeders and bird table
Apart from a couple of bllue tits that make a fleeting visit now and then, I guess they still have plenty of natural food about so they don't need any extras at the moment.

Your shrubs sound like very good choices, I've found that getting a pack of cottage garden seeds or similar and just throw them down in any bare spaces really works well, the insects and bees like them and it's great having the surprise of what might come up

It certainly does seem like autumn is here we had a lot of rain over night here they said it was the tail end of Rita passing over.

Cheers to all!
Chris D
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Gildy
As a sponsor you have pic posting privileges. You don't need use photobucket.
This thread might help http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/how...too_11106.html

If you go back to your post with the hawk pictures you will see (but I can't so I can't do this for you) that each of the pics has a four digit reference number. If you sandwich that number between the 'attach' strings, in their square brackets, as per the instuctions in the above link, your pics will show up full size within the thread.

Does that make sense? Go back to your post and press EDIT, add the attach strings, preview the changes to ensure you've got it and then press save changes.

The system resizes automatically so you have tons of space for lots of pictures.

Hope that helps. I'm not very IT literate so if you can't make sense of it ask one of the mods.
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks...that's given me something to look at and play around with for later.

My friend Dee in the States has joined so if she does not become a sponsor and I think many of the e-mail photo's she sends would interest everyone(as long as you have not already seen them)I'll share some with you.

Some are really amazing.

Gildy x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2