Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 08:35 PM

I went horse riding *pics*

ok well ive kept this a tad quiet as i was nervous about riding again...

i havent sat on a horse for about 18 months and even then it was just walk....

i havent had a lesson in over 3 years so as you can imgaine i was a tad rusty (and nervous)...

went fo my 1st lesson 3 weeks ago (just had my third) and going for another tomorow.....

please dont rip my position to shreds as like i said im rusty (and was never any good anyway )

monty roberts eat your heart out (joking - the poor horse was sooo tired lol)!

had my third lesson now and cantering again (by 2nd)! so hopefully in a few more months i'll be back jumping

comments appreciated
chicosweet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Good for you!

My Mum, sister and I go riding every week - find it a great way to unwind after work!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 09:38 AM
aww i would love to ride a horse...always wanted too since i was little but cant afford it =[ good for you =]
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Well done! were you stiff after?!
Shame you are not closer to me...i am looking for someone to ride my horse!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Awwww well done you Suze! Looking good!
I so wish I could ride again.

Last time was when Charlie was about 3. I hadn't been on a horse for over 10 years and my friend said I could come alond and exercise a horse she looked after. A 16.2 arab cross that loved to buck lol.
I loved it though, and was soon cantering around with it kicking it's heels as I have an 'electric seat' at the best of times.

But, boy did I know about the next day, aches and pains lol.

So good on you for getting back in the saddle.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 10:50 AM
That is very cool. Use to ride and show all the time about 10yrs ago. Who cares about the posture as long as you had/have fun . Nothing better than cantering and feeling free. Very envious and think you are brave getting back on after a break I am too chicken.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
aww i would love to ride a horse...always wanted too since i was little but cant afford it =[ good for you =]

thanks

its not too bad tbh - i pay £15 per half hour private... i think its £20ish for a group hour but because i was nervous i wanted aprivate lesson and tbh i feel like i achieve more

Originally Posted by chicosweet View Post
Good for you!

My Mum, sister and I go riding every week - find it a great way to unwind after work!

definately is thanks

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Well done! were you stiff after?!
Shame you are not closer to me...i am looking for someone to ride my horse!
i was im not too bad today....but i have another lesson today soo we'll see what im like tomorow

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Awwww well done you Suze! Looking good!
I so wish I could ride again.

Last time was when Charlie was about 3. I hadn't been on a horse for over 10 years and my friend said I could come alond and exercise a horse she looked after. A 16.2 arab cross that loved to buck lol.
I loved it though, and was soon cantering around with it kicking it's heels as I have an 'electric seat' at the best of times.

But, boy did I know about the next day, aches and pains lol.

So good on you for getting back in the saddle.
that was like me after my first lesson..!! sounds fun though!!!

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
That is very cool. Use to ride and show all the time about 10yrs ago. Who cares about the posture as long as you had/have fun . Nothing better than cantering and feeling free. Very envious and think you are brave getting back on after a break I am too chicken.

oh i did

thank - i feel brave too lol!!! but i really enjoy it - im hoping long term i can complete on their horses (they lease them out for shows) but im talking another year or so at least!!

loved cantering - i could just canter all day, hate walking, its sooo slow!!

thanks for all the nice comments

im glad really i decided against buying a horse - love the lessons and i appreciate them far more than i would having my own horse (plus ilearn more tbh), and no commitment

hopefully in sept i can join the uni's riding club as well
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Lovely pics
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Great pictures! I was looking into riding again, having lessons as I pretty much taught myself when volunteering at the local stables. I can't afford it though at the moment, they have gone up considerably since I last looked at it! Good for you for get back on, enjoy the lessons!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Lovely pics

thank you

Originally Posted by Doofuz View Post
Great pictures! I was looking into riding again, having lessons as I pretty much taught myself when volunteering at the local stables. I can't afford it though at the moment, they have gone up considerably since I last looked at it! Good for you for get back on, enjoy the lessons!

oh i know... i even wanted my own horse again but with uni etc i cant afford it which is horrible but tbh i dont think im actually ready afor another yet anyhow - my riding skills need brushing up a lot

i rode a big irish draft today which i was a bit like omfg.. he was 16.1ish?? im guessing.... scared.com but i was fine after a while - i just need to learn to ride rather than thinking what the horse could do!

thanks for all the lovely comments
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >