Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Yeah, I was asking specifically about very young pups in the whelping pen.

Okay - so nobody (so far) uses newspaper as a floor linning. Would any of you guys go so far as to feel surprised if you saw an experienced breeder using newspaper?
No wouldn't surprise me as one of my pups that I bought in was in a pen with newspaper when I went to view her. I just thought "tight @rse breeder"
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 08:17 PM
It wouldnt surprise me to be honest as there are many breeders who use newspaper, as some like to use clean straw, others use cheap carpet, it all depends on what a particular breeder is used to using and what they prefer for cleaning I suppose.

Mo
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I wonder if there is a difference between tabloid and broadsheet. Ilo and her sibs were raised on vetbed and newspaper and have good or excellent hipscores and I don't remember seeing them slide around on my visits..
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 07:25 AM
I used newspaper on my first litter but it was slippery and the pups all had print on their feet whch I had to keep washing off so I stopped and just use vet bed and a mop lol!
Becky
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
I wonder if there is a difference between tabloid and broadsheet.
Once, perhaps....these days none of them are absorbent because they're already full of sh....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2