Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-07-2009, 08:25 PM

Not sure how to ask this but...

Well Lilly my 6 month old Sprollie pup just humped my leg PROPERLEY humped it and as this is my first bitch i am kinda left wondering why, do bitches hump..?, i have never heard of it before but then i am not the most experienced dog owner in the world, you really could have knocked me down with a feather
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Crisis averted, just had it confirmed that my friends bitches do hump and that Lilly is coming into season, phew no cross gender issues for my Lilly
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Well Lilly my 6 month old Sprollie pup just humped my leg PROPERLEY humped it and as this is my first bitch i am kinda left wondering why, do bitches hump..?, i have never heard of it before but then i am not the most experienced dog owner in the world, you really could have knocked me down with a feather
simple answer is YES they can and do! when were at work we have 3 unneutered males and a bitch,not only does she hump the boys she enjoys my bosses(owner) legs lol. my boss is a vet!hehe the boys wouldnt dream of it! also one of my bitches cocks her leg too
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh yes they do! Doesn't automatically mean she is coming into season though. They do usually tend to grow out of it, mine did it a lot as babies but not as adults, very seldom.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
simple answer is YES they can and do! when were at work we have 3 unneutered males and a bitch,not only does she hump the boys she enjoys my bosses(owner) legs lol. my boss is a vet!hehe the boys wouldnt dream of it! also one of my bitches cocks her leg too
My friend that has a cocker bitch that cocks her leg!! It's so funny to watch!!
She also has 2 massive kennels that house 3 bitches each, and they regularly have humping sessions! It worse when one of them is in season!!

When Misty was little, she used to hump arms, legs of anyone that sat still long enough!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Takara humps her bed... a lot!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Takara humps her bed... a lot!
Noway she is a lady!

When the big dogs are wrestling, Dusty will wait 'til Charlie is down and then run out and hump him, usually his tail, lol!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Hi Dogboy as the others have said humping is normal behaviour and not necessarily connected to coming in season.

Puppies often get over excited when playing and exhibit inappropriate behave like humping, people are often amused/embarrassed and laugh or pay attention to the puppy in some way, so the behaviour is rewarded and the puppy continues to do it.

It is best to either ignore the behaviour , turn your back on the dog/ no word no eye contact, or distract with a toy. If you do this the puppy should eventually stop doing it (although some dogs to continue to do it from time to time when they are adults) .
alady??
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2009, 11:56 PM
A lot of the time the "humping" action is actually more a dominant behaviour than a sexual one, especially in young dogs...when they play with their siblings they do it ...my Beardie girl does it a lot to the other girls if they get too excited, and if I been away for a long time she tries it with me,... basically thats her way of telling you off, and stamping her authority. If she does it to you ignore her, brush her off and walk away
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 07:09 AM
My little female miniature poodle has been humping our ( very tolerant ) cat since she was about 4 months old !
She is 14 months now and hasn't been in season so it's not related to her coming in season
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >