View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Just found this which seems to have very useful info, plus gives you a website to make an on-line claim (never knew you could do that!)

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/consume...3&in_page_id=5

Seems like it isn't a fixed amount anymore but approx 10% of the claim.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, I'm actually guessing there Hali, because a few years ago I seemed to be forever doing them for Dave with bad payers, and it always cost £30 a go back then, so I stuck another tenner on it thinking since everything else has gone up this would have to??? It MIGHT still be £30 and they haven't changed it for a few years though? As you say, if she wins, which she would, then she'd get her costs back anyways?

Yes Twiglet, as Hali says, give her hell, make her quivver in her boots, let her know you're taking the matter further even if you don't! They might be a couple of con merchants who do this all the time. They might even go so far as to "borrow" the puppies from a friend who's poor dog has to spit them out time after time too!!! Grrrr. I detest people like this. This is classed as "fraud". If you pay a deposit for something and the something disappears, then you get your deposit BACK everytime!!! Maybe speak to the police about it (yeah I know, but they might have some advice for you?). Good luck and please let us know!
dont quote me but I think if you have a business then costs are most likey higher, but the GP can do things cheaper {I think
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
That's terrible. Obviously she needs to give you your £50 back. I know it's upsetting that you didn't get your pup but she may be doing this to other people too. Take her to the small claims court and force her to give you your money back. You know where she lives so get a letter sent to her and demand she pays you your money back or you will take it further. If she is honest, she will pay you back and if she isn't then she needs dealing with.
Best of luck to you.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
How sad.........I feel angry for you. I know someone with 3 Border Collie pups..........but then I know Border Collies are not everyones cup of tea.

But at least he wouldn't do someone.......so sorry hope you get it sorted.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Small claims online is easy peasy!
I've done it
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
A non-returnable deposit is only non-returnable if the buyer changes his mind. Giving over the goods isn`t optional. You have made a contract which this woman has broken so you are entitled to your money back. Try your local paper and see if they`ll do a feature. See if shame works.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh yes!!! You see, ClaireandDaisy always comes up with the right bright idea !!! I like that one, name and shame them!!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Citizens Advice Bureau also are there to help people (or at least point them in the right direction) and I always assumed they don't charge for advice (Never had to use them so I can't be sure)
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 03:45 PM
What a disappointment for you

BUT makes me wonder if this isn't a nice little earner who knows how many puppies they took deposits for. They probably rely on hard luck story or people's innocence of the non-returnable bit.

Or am I just a cynical old bat??
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 07:22 PM
thats awfull ,i know just how you mean ,when i got dylan as a baby ,i was all excited ,got toys bed every think .then willow came same for her ,its a really big thing . so sorry for how you have been treated
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >