Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2010, 12:04 PM

We're trying Zylkene

Just given Dandy his first Zylkene tablet. I'm going to give him one every day this week and see how he is at the show this Sunday. He's been really freaked in the ring since LKA, so I want to see if I can get him relaxing in the ring again. Hopefully we'll see some results and we can use it for Crufts too.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Let us know how you got on, I'm interested to know if they'll work!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Good luck.

I used it with Fudge leading up to bonfire night. I had to give up though as she was violently sick in the night after each dose......She was however much calmer so I was gutted it did not agree with her....
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Good luck.

I used it with Fudge leading up to bonfire night. I had to give up though as she was violently sick in the night after each dose......She was however much calmer so I was gutted it did not agree with her....
that's a real shame. I'm not entirely sure it will work, as Dan's fear issues seem selective sometimes, like they aren't entirely genuine if you see what I mean. Even my dog trainer, who is very knowledgable reckons he may be milking it a little! We shall see anyway.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Seemed to make a difference to the lab who half lives here when there were loud bangs. I was quite impressed.

rune
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2010, 08:28 PM
A friend of mine has used it on her nervous Beardie and says it has really helped. I have heard it can take a couple of weeks to start showing signs of working.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by TBBS View Post
A friend of mine has used it on her nervous Beardie and says it has really helped. I have heard it can take a couple of weeks to start showing signs of working.
I've heard that too. I'm hoping there's enough in his system by Sunday as we have a show and I'd like to see if it helps.
maddie11881
New Member!
Female 

11-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi Loki's mum I have just started using Zylkene. My samoyed boy is very highly strung and seems to panic over just about everything away from the home.I took him to the manchester champ show and he totally freaked out and was so on edge. My vet suggested we try Zylkene. He said I must give it about 3 weeks before I take him to another show but to also carry on with some de-sensertise training. It will be very interesting to hear how you get on with it as I have read that it works for some and not others. Keep us update on progress and I'll do the same and see if we get the results we want.

By the way just oput of curiosity,did you buy it from your vet or off the internet?

I paid £86.99 for 100 450mg which is the cheapest I could find. My vet wanted to charge me £124.99
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by maddie11881 View Post
Hi Loki's mum I have just started using Zylkene. My samoyed boy is very highly strung and seems to panic over just about everything away from the home.I took him to the manchester champ show and he totally freaked out and was so on edge. My vet suggested we try Zylkene. He said I must give it about 3 weeks before I take him to another show but to also carry on with some de-sensertise training. It will be very interesting to hear how you get on with it as I have read that it works for some and not others. Keep us update on progress and I'll do the same and see if we get the results we want.

By the way just oput of curiosity,did you buy it from your vet or off the internet?

I paid £86.99 for 100 450mg which is the cheapest I could find. My vet wanted to charge me £124.99
I bought a trial pack from the internet. Just over £10.00 for 10 capsules. If I see any improvement I'll buy a job lot!
maddie11881
New Member!
Female 

14-02-2010, 01:10 AM
oh by the way |Zylkene also do a Desensitisation Sound CD which I recieved free with my order Bargin!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >