Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 11:46 AM

Annoyed with my friend (ESS)

I was texting my friend last night (the one with the hyper springer, who she says is aggressive, but I say he's not exercised and stimulated enough) to say I would be out early all week so wouldn't see her till next week.

I said 'Give Benson a love from me' to which she replied 'No way he's a bad dog'. So I asked what had happened.

Apparently he'd humped my friend's son-in-law while he was holding his baby so my friend had smacked the dog She said the dog had growled and snapped at her - well I wonder why

I've tried to give her so many tips on other ways to deal with her dog (i.e. swapping objects he shouldn't have in his mouth for treats, distracting him/removing him if he starts to hump) but she seems to want to just smack him and shout at him

I've never seen the dog either hump or be aggressive. She's owned dogs for a lot of years and I just can't believe how clueless she is being.

Just needed to off load x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 11:54 AM
You are giving her the correct advice, unfortunately she just sounds like she hasn't a clue.
So she says he's 'agressive' and has a starnge baby round, fails to stop him humping but hits the dog instead and is surprised he bites? I guess the dog is lucky he didn't catch the baby in those aggressive teeth or he wouldn't be here now no doubt.
Poor dog, you can see why dogs get pts for biting when it really is not their fault at all.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 01:01 PM
poor dog theres no need for it
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Poor dog that is so unfair to hit it, some people don't want to listen to advice they just keep doing the same thing and it gets them no where. You tried your best and that is all you can do.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I've seen it too many times I'm afraid....... bladdy morons!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 01:38 PM
I have no patience with people like that. Think your brill trying to advise....I'd loose my cool
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys. The thing is, she's the type of person that whenever I try to give advice she comes up with an excuse as to why she can't do it or why it wouldn't work - without even trying it

She was even talking about having him PTS a few weeks ago (I think I posted on here about it) and I said to her give him to Dog's Trust. He's a cracking little dog. There's nothing wrong with him, she just hasn't stuck with any training.

Makes me so mad, but like Emrad said I've done all I can.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Thanks guys. The thing is, she's the type of person that whenever I try to give advice she comes up with an excuse as to why she can't do it or why it wouldn't work - without even trying it

She was even talking about having him PTS a few weeks ago (I think I posted on here about it) and I said to her give him to Dog's Trust. He's a cracking little dog. There's nothing wrong with him, she just hasn't stuck with any training.

Makes me so mad, but like Emrad said I've done all I can.
I can't believe this is still going on. Is she insane? How can she not realise what she is doing and how lovely it will be if she stops it.

I hope he gets re-homed soon. She should be shot! Sorry, I know she is your friend but I just despair of her and feel so sorry for poor Benson who could be living the life of riley with someone else.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2009, 04:18 PM
It's the same old same old isn't it, people just don't want to try and understand their dogs, they just don't care but love to complain to others about and them and then reject any advice because it's easier to shout and smack.

She's lucky to know someone like you who knows what they're talking about, just a shame she can't actually hear what you're saying.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Pidge - I feel the same completely.

It's so difficult because there's nothing I can do. I looked after him one afternoon, took him for a two hour walk with Bryan and he was no trouble at all. We went for miles, round woods, fields etc.

All she does is walk him round the park
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >