Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 07:36 PM

Ex has announced he is taking Inca away forever next month

The ex has just announced he will be taking Inca to live at his Mum's in Wales next month.

I haven't told Charlie yet. He will be very upset.

We are seperated but he still lives here for the time being, at least for a few more months.
He hasn't walked Inca for years, apart from a few weeks ago when he took her away for a few days with his girlfriend. He didn't know how to use her headcollar even so took her normal lead which has a choke chain added as an extension and I think he ended up using the choke chain on here as couldn't cope with her pulling. He always used to choke her with her headcollar which is why I haven't worried too much about him taking her out as he hasn't got a clue.

He's never fed her, picked up after her, groomed her, taken her to the vets, anything really.

He said when we split that I'd have to keep Inca as he would be renting and works 12 hour shifts. Plus she's never been on her own either.

He has said his Mum will have her as she is now retired. She lives in a 17th century cottage in Wales, but has not had a dog for over 30 years and couldn't cope with Inca when she visited here. She doesn't like hair and her downstairs is open plan with tiled floor and rugs.... a nightmare with Inca fur.

He says he's doing it as Inca gets shut out when he's not here. I haven't been able to walk her with my broken foot and he hasn't bothered. Once he moaned at Charlie as the door slammed when Inca was shut outside the lounge... and when he came back here one day after a few days away I shut the lounge door as my boyfriend was here and Inca just happened to be in the garden. But apart from that she is included and with us all the time, that's me and Charlie as he stays up in his room all day.

I know she is registered in my name at the vets, and with the NIS I believe and probably on her chip, but she has always been 'his' dog even though he does nothing for her.

I don't know what to do or how to feel. I just think it's so wrong for her but don't think I can do anything about it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh sweetheart I am so sorry.
These things dogs,children,poccessions all end up being used a pawns in situations like this.

Maybe you could point out about his Mom being upset about the hair etc., and offer to keep her, perhaps he is just being in a meanie mood....hope so
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Oh im very sorry to hear about this. But does he understand what a huge responsibility he is taking on. By the sounds of it he doesnt. Like you said, he doesnt walk her, or feed her. If it were only love that kept pets then fair enough, but its everything else included - good and bad points. I think you may need to have a good talk to him
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Is it worth seeing how you legally stand?

I dont know what else to suggest, does he really want her or just for you not too?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Oh sweetheart I am so sorry.
These things dogs,children,poccessions all end up being used a pawns in situations like this.

Maybe you could point out about his Mom being upset about the hair etc., and offer to keep her, perhaps he is just being in a meanie mood....hope so
Lol he is a meanie anyway. Can't cope with the fact I'm happier now we're not together

Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Oh im very sorry to hear about this. But does he understand what a huge responsibility he is taking on. By the sounds of it he doesnt. Like you said, he doesnt walk her, or feed her. If it were only love that kept pets then fair enough, but its everything else included - good and bad points. I think you may need to have a good talk to him
HE's not taking on anything but shipping her off to his Mum's who lives 350 miles away so any problems and his Mum is on her own, who doesn't have a clue, let alone about a dog like a Northern Inuit, which whilst she is a dippy thing may not like being on her own and can be dog aggressive.

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Is it worth seeing how you legally stand?

I dont know what else to suggest, does he really want her or just for you not too?
Who knows.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Can you contact his mum to see if she is aware what her son has signed her up for?? If so, you can slyly put her off by mentioning the extra moult she is having, the problems she has with chewing/distruction etc (!!)... would this work?

Failing that, go down the legal route! Worth a question to a friendly PC or PCSO maybe?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 07:58 PM
i really feel for you
is he doing this to 'get at you'?
is Inca micro-chipped and of so in who's name?
if you feel it is better for Inca to stay,there must be a way around it if he cares for her.
my o/h 'ps3' is supposedly,so he thinks the official owner of two of my dogs as in he says they are his,they are micro-chipped in my name and i do absolutely everything for them.......they are my dogs!they love him but respect and love me more,my o/h would say he would take one,to hurt me I'm sure,but he wouldn't,its an unspoken rule,he goes,they stay...and the microchip and ped papers/receipts would help me back it up if i had to.
now if you think she will be happier,i know its hard but that old saying 'if you love something set it free' comes to mind,but going by your post,i feel she should and that you want her to stay.you CAN make it happen.I'm sorry if i have said anything wrong,just my take on the tone of your post.
i wish you luck and support.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=wishbone;1760648]Lol he is a meanie anyway. Can't cope with the fact I'm happier now we're not together

I was married to one of those............he had my dog PTS
just out of spite.

I'd ring his mom....and just asked if she knows what she is taking on...or her son is signing her up for
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I've just checked her microchip papers, they are in my name.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I've just checked her microchip papers, they are in my name.
by law she is yours hun!!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »