Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 11:31 AM

Having a special Christmas lunch with Mum

Well, I spent all morning laying the dining room table, made it all nice and Christmassy, and I thought to myself, I'd ask Mum to come down and we'd have our lunch at the table and get in the Spirit today! She was over the moon, and I've plonked her down in a recliner chair next to my puter where I'm tapping away on here, we've got old Perry Como Christmas songs playing on the speakers (I found a good radio station for her), and she's reading something I printed off the internet last night, 27 pages of a Polish woman's blogg who, like my mum, was taken away from her home at 15 years old in 1940 to work in the Kotlas Forests in Siberia doing hard labour! She wanted to read it, I wouldn't want to upset her in any way whatsoever, but she's engrossed in it! Not such good memories of course, but she is finding it interesting to read about others who suffered her terrible plight!

Now on to finer things, we're having roast chicken with all the trimmings and a glass of Bitter Lemon ( the joys of getting old, no lunchtime vino for me nowadays!!! ) Oh it's lovely to see her feeling so happy and "wanted" instead of just vegetating in her room! I must do this more often!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Ah, hope you have a lovely day!!!

Christmas is great for getting together isnt it? I always think that we should do it more often too after xmas is over!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks honeysmummy, it's certainly made my day to see her perked up, and it won't be long before I dish up either!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Sounds scrummy!!
I have to wait till christmas day!!

Enjoy x
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Have a lovely time with your Mum , life's too short not to enjoy it
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Aaaaawww Helena,

What you described is really lovely, I'm soooo pleased you and your Mom are having such a wonderful day.

Babe I wish I had a daughter like you who is so thoughtful and caring . . . . . You are such a lovely woman . . . Bless you babe x x x x x

btw . . . . it would be Dean Martin not Perry Como if I was in her position . . . . wink x x x x x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Awwwwwww...how lovely. Hope you enjoy your lunch with mum xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Have a lovely time with your Mum , life's too short not to enjoy it
Yes, I've learned that is very true of late, don't you worry, I now live every day as if it's my last, which of course, one day it will be! Thanks, she really enjoyed it and I've worn her out so put her straight into bed!

Originally Posted by Penry View Post
Aaaaawww Helena,

What you described is really lovely, I'm soooo pleased you and your Mom are having such a wonderful day.

Babe I wish I had a daughter like you who is so thoughtful and caring . . . . . You are such a lovely woman . . . Bless you babe x x x x x

btw . . . . it would be Dean Martin not Perry Como if I was in her position . . . . wink x x x x x
..... and YOU are such a charmer young man!!! OOoOOOOOooooh Yungggg Mannnn!!!! Sadly, you will never have a daughter just like me Shane, but I could be yer mother if that's any good??????

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Awwwwwww...how lovely. Hope you enjoy your lunch with mum xxx
Thanks Jackie. I don't know what came over me this morning, I got a bit sorry for the way she lives her life now, she never wants to go out, mostly because she's so immobile now, but also because it's winter, so she just seems to vegetate upstairs, and there IS a limit to how often I can run up and down those stairs just to say "hi", more's the pity! I know I could use her chairlift, but it's soooo slow (must have words with Dave to maybe fit a turbo on it!!!!) She hasn't been eating much of late, whereas she always had a brilliant appetite, but even today doing all this, she just picked at her lunch again (NO, it's not my cooking!!! ). Just got a bit of a gut instinct going on here...... well you know......so I'm going to spoil her rotten over Christmas, bless her heart. You only get one mum don't you, and mine is a little sweetheart (at the moment, but the forecast is "changeable"! Lol! I put up with her though, she gets the wrath of H when she steps out of line! Lol!xxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks Jackie. I don't know what came over me this morning, I got a bit sorry for the way she lives her life now, she never wants to go out, mostly because she's so immobile now, but also because it's winter, so she just seems to vegetate upstairs, and there IS a limit to how often I can run up and down those stairs just to say "hi", more's the pity! I know I could use her chairlift, but it's soooo slow (must have words with Dave to maybe fit a turbo on it!!!!) She hasn't been eating much of late, whereas she always had a brilliant appetite, but even today doing all this, she just picked at her lunch again (NO, it's not my cooking!!! ). Just got a bit of a gut instinct going on here...... well you know......so I'm going to spoil her rotten over Christmas, bless her heart. You only get one mum don't you, and mine is a little sweetheart (at the moment, but the forecast is "changeable"! Lol! I put up with her though, she gets the wrath of H when she steps out of line! Lol!xxxxxx[/quote]

I know what you mean Aitch. You have to take advantage of these moments while you can. That's why I try to do something with my mum regularly. You don't know how long you have with them. xxxx Glad you had a nice time
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
..... and YOU are such a charmer young man!!! OOoOOOOOooooh Yungggg Mannnn!!!! Sadly, you will never have a daughter just like me Shane, but I could be yer mother if that's any good??????

LOL at you babe, your too young to be my mom so I think I'll get rid of the oh and marry you instead . . . wink . . . btw . . bring your mom along with you as well x x x x x x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >