Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2023, 06:36 AM

Friday 14th July 2023

Morning all. The doctor never rang back. I tried twice to ring them and got nowhere as they were constantly not answering and kept me on a cue of three each time. So, I give up with the medical fraternity. Utterly useless. You can tell I am seriously p'eed off. My only alternative is to go private and pay £125 for the priviledge. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2023, 09:17 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you have a good day

Getting through to a doctor is a nightmare, but having said that our own practice is quite good and getting a response from them. This morning Ben asked me to phone his as Maria has got tonsillitis yet again. Rang at exactly 8.00 am and was told no 6 in the queue. After 20 minutes managed to speak to someone who has sent a link to Ben to send photos of Marias's throat. I now await a phone call as to what has been decided.

Hope your eye dis a lot better today Chris.

Dull here with light rain earlier on but had a dry walk with Teazle. Housework done. On duty this afternoon. Watch Maria in her school play last night, she was one of the dancers. I must say I have seen better. The sound system was not good and most of them tended to mumble when they spoke. It was a musical.

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2023, 09:23 AM
Good morning all

Just got back. The rain looks like it's coming in early as we caught a few spots on the way home

Ted is still walloping back the Webbox. Doesn't say a lot for my cooking does it?

Oh I remember those school plays well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Morning brenda, Sue, Chris and all to follow.
It has been raining here and Brewster does insist on sleeping in it. Mind you in his native country he was a farm dog bred to watch livestock and pull carts and they would lie out in the snow.
I gave him a blast with the drier we brought also to blow his undercoat out he isn't keen and I did manage to get him drier but he is now out there again.
The ground is wet but at least the sky is dry.
Freya is coming tomorrow with Mark and Lauren that will be fun.

brenda what a nightmare for you regarding the Dr scenario, seems the way it is now.
Sue I use to love the school plays but infant and Junior Gorden was in charge and senior school they were given a status commending them on the arts and I must say they were the best by far for dance and music.
I hope Maria gets her throat sorted quickly. Tonsilitis can be very painful.
Chris I hope the eye is doing well.
Kazz have a lovely day.
griff I hope you are feeling well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Good morning all.

Rain and yet more rain with a rumble of thunder here sine about 7ish It is doing my garden good but expect the "little" stream at the allotments has over run again will see tomorrow if I squelch when I walk LOL

Had planned on popping out today but with this rain do not fancy it so see if it eases then dash out off to see Sue she who is Chi -Burt's Mom grand bathroom reopening; she is chuffed to bits with it so we are going their
are a few of us (not sure who) and having a Indian takeaway quite a treat not had on for ages.

So that's my plan (s) rain dodging, spending money, bathroom admiring, and food. Sounds good to me.

Brenda Does your surgery have an electronic online system I find that invaluable for none urgent you send a request they reply. You can also book appointments online as well for all but the nurses.

Sue How is your neighbour the one you dog walked for? Ouch for Maria sounds like that's her weak spot. One good thing with tonsillitis at least she was dancing not a singing in the play, does she enjoy that sort of thing? Hope she feels better at least if need antibiotics you have them before the weekend.

Chris Hope your recovery is going well. Met a dog yesterday called Ted a Mini Schnauzer lovely young chap.

Griff Hope you have not got this rain as well but suspect you may have seems widespread. What are your plans for the day?

Lynn Once you get going with the caravanning you will never be home. How is your lads course for the wine tasting going?

Right catch you all later
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2023, 09:39 AM
Looks like we were all posting at the same time.

I have got to learnt to stick with the posting and not wander away mid post .

Have a good day ladies.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2023, 09:43 AM
Lynn My neighbours St Bernard is out in it as well must be a breed trait on occasion you hear Sally shout "Rosie come on in" not sure it works by all accounts.

Martin was telling me to train them as rescue dogs they never received any special training from the monks. Instead, younger dogs would learn how to perform search and rescue operations from older dogs how good is that. He does scent training with Rosie as he did with their previous German Shepard's says she loves it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2023, 10:07 AM
Michael passed his last course with a good pass too. That's it for a while he has what he needs to go independent if he wants.
He has meetings next week with companies about setting up or becoming a wine tour guide. They are in Panticosa for a few days The whole family I think, it is so hot in Madrid, they need to be North for a while in the mountains for some relief.
He is hopefully coming for a brief visit on August, Maca might come depending on her work schedule.

These breeds are bred for the cold and wet and of course have a very stubborn streak so most things fall on deaf ears.

Your day sounds lovely enjoy.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2023, 12:04 PM
I have a strange little dog. He'll play for hours chasing the hose pipe and running through it getting totally soaked, but go out in the rain, oh no. He will go running through the puddles it leaves behind though. Go figure
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2023, 12:24 PM
I think Chris its the terrier streak they choose water on their terms the rain is not their choice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >