Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 03:34 PM

waterproof cover for doggies

Has anyone seen the waterproof cover that you put your dog into before getting in the car? It's sort of like a bag that the dogs sits in with his head through the top. I saw it on a web site ages ago but can't remember which one. Now that Ben has gotten used to the water we want to take him swimming soon and we have just got a new car and want to keep it nice and dry
AKitaChi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I've not seen a waterproof one. But I know what your on about. A customer of mine has a JR and very nice porsche cayene 4X4. She uses one of those dog bags. He has a bright red one made from padded material and just his head sticks out looks so funny. . Has a zip on the side to get them in and out. It does the job.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't know about waterprof ones but your post immediately made me think of CockerMum and her lovely dogs in their bags in the back of her lovey car.
There was a thread about just that, but the pic has been removed.
However also found this.... click and look at the last pic.
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...light=dog+bags
If it can save her car from 5 wet cockers they must work as you'll see they were wet through.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 06:12 PM
thanks for that I could make one myself just looking at the photo it seems to be made of towelling so I could buy a lenghth of towelling and get sewing. good job!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2008, 06:51 PM
I know the one you mean, like a large enclosed waterproof poncho with just a hole for the dogs head to stick out, I`ve seen it advertised iirc with an Alsatian modelling it, but I can`t for the life of me remember what it was called nor who sells it
The other sort which wishbone mentioned is the Dri Dog Bag which is available here

http://www.cool-4-canines.com/online...Range=Grooming