View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Its a tough one Bev - but can you not hold fire on making a decision until he's met Shady? Because honestly, that might make the decision for you *hugs*
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 07:29 AM
have you thought though, that he may help shady, why can't chip go to shady's field with you and play with both of you, it maybe because chip is slightly larger than milo that shady may interact with him, you don't know and its a risk worth taking, FWIW millie old minx was dog aggresive and the best think that i did for her was to start fostering, don't doubt yourselve on this one Bev go with your heart, i think you maybe pleasantly surprised
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Its a tough one Bev - but can you not hold fire on making a decision until he's met Shady? Because honestly, that might make the decision for you *hugs*
i would agree with this. it's not surprising you're having doubts considering what you have just been through. hugs to you bev. xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
have you thought though, that he may help shady, why can't chip go to shady's field with you and play with both of you, it maybe because chip is slightly larger than milo that shady may interact with him, you don't know and its a risk worth taking, FWIW millie old minx was dog aggresive and the best think that i did for her was to start fostering, don't doubt yourselve on this one Bev go with your heart, i think you maybe pleasantly surprised
Your both completely right. I'm just having some wibbles because I don't think of taking on any dog lightly and it has to be right, as they are not a whim to me but a commitment for thier lives.
The final decision will be down to Shady, if she wants him here then I know fate is saying I'm mean't to give him his forever home. If she doesn't then its not mean't to be.
I was just a bit worried about people thinking I had wasted thier time too.
Thanks both of you for your words of wisdom. I feel a lot better now and I will continue till Shady decides
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
i would agree with this. it's not surprising you're having doubts considering what you have just been through. hugs to you bev. xxx
Thankyou, yes there is guilt there too that all this is happening too soon after losing my baby boy. I am still grieving him and I havn't even got his ashes back yet and there is a new dog on the horizon. I think that sounds awful and uncaring.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Thankyou, yes there is guilt there too that all this is happening too soon after losing my baby boy. I am still grieving him and I havn't even got his ashes back yet and there is a new dog on the horizon. I think that sounds awful and uncaring.
no it doesn't at all. everyone deals with grief differently and i am a true believer in fate. it's very obvious to me and everyone else that you loved milo so very much and still do. xxx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Just read through all this Bev. Please don't feel guilty. You are such a caring person and have so much love to give. You are a wonderful pet owner and any dog is lucky to have you. Look at all the thought you are putting into taking on another furrbaby.
Like other have said don't make any decisions until Shady has met Chipp. That will make the decision for you one way or another.
As I have said you have all this love in your heart since you lost your beautiful boy. Why not share it.
If you do decide to bring Chipp home I know you will not let Shady miss out on one outing to her field or one cuddle with you at at the end of the day isn't that want any dog wants, to be loved!
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I mentioned to you before that I got Eddie very soon after losing my last boy. Yes, I did feel guilty and I did even wonder what they would think of me at the vets practice when I took another dog in so soon after losing my last boy. It doesn't take anything away from what you felt for Milo. If you have love to give another dog that is wonderful and you have. You gave Milo everything and couldn't have loved him more.

I don't think you can make a decision until Shady and Chipp have met each other. They will probably get on really, really well and you will have worried for nothing.

Good luck. xx
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7