View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Glad the meeting went well I have everything crossed that this lad can come and live with you, Charly and Shady x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 10:37 AM
excellent news! i really hope the meeting with shady goes well! he sounds like a lovely chap
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Glad to hear its looking so positive. I'm sure you'd have a lot of fun together. Maybe he won't be quite so interested in every dog he meets if he's living with another dog and castrated
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Just catching up with this, Bev. What brilliant news! I hope things work out well for you all and well done. Good luck with it all. Off to look at the pics now!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Bet you can't wait! Looks like I need to drive to Essex again.....
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Awww that sounds like it might work out for you and Shady then, a preloved dog normally has a few but this one doesn't sound to drastic I am sure Shady will put him in his place if he does over step the mark.
Why are his current owners not able to keep him any longer??? sorry if you have already stated why
So happy for you that step one was a success, now to wait for step 2
No certainly nothing too drastic at all, will all hinge on how Shady is with him though and of course if I pass the homecheck.

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
2 sugars in mine please!

that all sounds good and i think he really needs to be a dog that requires some training because that is the distraction you need. i reckon a certain young man had a paw in that!

i'm sure with some work with you plus the castration, he will learn some doggy manners and be a pleasure to know for everyone, human and canine!

i'm keeping everything crossed that the meeting with shady goes well, but not every first meet is wonderful. when dylan first came to my house and met my lurcher, he tried humping him at every opportunity. leo put up with this, apart from some grumbling, for about a week until he really lost his patience (despite me trying to stop dylan) and told him off in no uncertain terms. they were friends for 9 years after that right up until leo passed away.

like you say, if it's meant to be!
He may well have He will certainly keep me on my toes while enabling me to start doing social doggy things which I love.

Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
brilliant news, the castration will help, just fingers crossed now it all goes well when he meets Shady
I am sure it will and with a bit more training he will come right.

Originally Posted by rune View Post
To cheer you up re the castration issue.

My friend took on a lhasa rescue which had been used as a stud dog and was appalling with other dogs, he leapt on everyone here even though he only reached their back legs (G)!

Two days after the castration he stopped doing it-----if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it! So it can be that simple to sort out.

When you say he is a springer---was he bred abroad cos he looks like a working cocker in the pics but either way he will be fun.

rune
I'm not sure, his owner Mark does come from switzerland and his family are still there.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I hope the adoption works out ok Bev you are not a novice owner and know what you are doing and should be able to iron out any little problems.

How sad for the owners having to give up their dog , I am off to look for the pics now...
Very sad for them and for Chipp but hopefully I will be able to offer him all he needs and his problems are so small I am sure we will soon have them sorted.

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
chocolate digestive for me please, Bev

He sounds delightful apart from the one thing. Keeping fingers tightly crossed he gets on ok with Shady. xx
Yes everything crossed he and Shady can hit it off otherwise that will bring a halt to the whole thing. I won't have Shady upset for another dog.

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
He looks like a real sweetheart, really hoping things work out.
Thankyou so do I.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Glad the meeting went well I have everything crossed that this lad can come and live with you, Charly and Shady x
Thankyou

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
excellent news! i really hope the meeting with shady goes well! he sounds like a lovely chap
He is adorable. Keep those fingers tightly crossed for us.

Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
Glad to hear its looking so positive. I'm sure you'd have a lot of fun together. Maybe he won't be quite so interested in every dog he meets if he's living with another dog and castrated
Hopefully, he is eager to learn, so I don't think it will take too much to sort the problem.

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Just catching up with this, Bev. What brilliant news! I hope things work out well for you all and well done. Good luck with it all. Off to look at the pics now!
Thankyou

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Bet you can't wait! Looks like I need to drive to Essex again.....
Vicki you know your welcome here anytime, would love to get together again and under better circumstances next time
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have no doubt that Milo would give his blessing for you to open up your heart to another wee soul who needs a home.
I had the same doubts when Snorri-dog died, but now I'm 100% convinced that he chose Thorgeir to come and finish the job he was no longer able to do. He was, as usual, right,

As for Kali, I think he is just glad there is still a doggy here to look after me.

Snorri
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Oh he sounds wonderful! I hope it all works out with Shady!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 07:24 AM
I'm now having doubts as to whether I am doing the right thing
I have always wanted a Springer or a cocker Spaniel, its been my dream. When I met him I could see the fun we would have together as he is all I have ever wanted.
But poor Shady with her issues would have to be left out of all the outings and fun and would his exhubarent personality push Shady out even more.
She was here first and has to come first, I won't do anything to make her life miserable.
I have to make a decision fast as I don't want to waste the rescues time coming and homechecking me or Chipps owners time.
I don't want to pass up on him though if it could be a perfect match and combination with Shady and I could have my dream dog .
I wonder if Shady would be happier an only dog or if she would like a mad hatter around the place.
I think the problem is I am just realising how Milo's big personality kept Shady in the back ground. I don't want her to be pushed to the back ground anymore, its her turn to come first.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >