Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 07:17 AM

When will she stop doing this?

Well Tonks spent her first night in the kitchen with her crate door open rather than being shut in the crate! All is well and there were no puddles, piles or distruction.

She is lovely and really well behaved but one thing that i would love to change is the hour she wakes up! Not sure what time she wakes up but at 6.30 she yawns (a staffy yawn that could probably be heard by the neighbours ) and then she can be heard faffing and generally wimpering quietly off and on letting the world know she is awake.

She is not really distressed as it is more of a half hearted moan. I refuse to kept up at half 6 so wait until 7, and when she has the next quiet period i go into her.

Sounds fine but the slightly annoying thing is that she doesn't often need a wee (think she has the bladder of a camel) and within an hour she is snuggled up again having her morning nap!) I think she just wants to see someone!

Although i have had rescue dogs she is my first pup, my other dogs would quiet happily sleep on and on until i went into them.

Any ideas when she might start sleeping in a bit - it's not so bad in the week, but she has no respect for weekend! lol!
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-07-2008, 07:42 AM
She sounds lovely.. and I think it'll be good for you to get up early on weekend as well as during the week..

When I got Sebastian, and I wanted to sleep a bit more, I just went "ah!ah! and he gave me another half hour...
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Lene View Post
She sounds lovely.. and I think it'll be good for you to get up early on weekend as well as during the week..

When I got Sebastian, and I wanted to sleep a bit more, I just went "ah!ah! and he gave me another half hour...

Lol, well i have lost lots of weight since getting her, partly to do with the walking but i also think its because i am up burning calories two hours earlier than I was pre puppy!

Maybe if i fitted an automatic door opener i wouldn't even have to get up to let her out of the kitchen! We would just have to hide under the duvet while she launched herself on the bed!

She looks angelic now, absolutly fast asleep!
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:00 AM
i'm sure it will get better as she gets older, deez was my first pup, other dogs had been older, and rescue.
same here, up at 6 initially, today, i've just got up!!!! he's 1 now, and i think i get up because its time to take them for a walk, not because they demand it.
i'm on hols this week, but usually have to get up at 7 anyway
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by deez View Post
i'm sure it will get better as she gets older, deez was my first pup, other dogs had been older, and rescue.
same here, up at 6 initially, today, i've just got up!!!! he's 1 now, and i think i get up because its time to take them for a walk, not because they demand it.
i'm on hols this week, but usually have to get up at 7 anyway
Hooray! I have something to look forward to then. It would make more sense if she needed a wee but i think she just wants to say hello to someone!

I was really pleased she managed without the crate door shut though...she's just turned 6 months. I wondered if she would wee on the floor, but nothing!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Max and Murphy wake up at 6am regardless of what day it is

Obviously, in the week this is fine, but is a pain at weekends...

If I want a lie in, I go down, let them out for wee's etc then bring them back in and do a "send" to their beds... they often get a little chewy treat at this point

I then go back to bed, knowing that I will be able to have another hour or so before they start creating noise!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Max and Murphy wake up at 6am regardless of what day it is

Obviously, in the week this is fine, but is a pain at weekends...

If I want a lie in, I go down, let them out for wee's etc then bring them back in and do a "send" to their beds... they often get a little chewy treat at this point

I then go back to bed, knowing that I will be able to have another hour or so before they start creating noise!
Sounds like a good plan. We sort of do that - but, like i said, on sundays it is more a case of Tonks coming to our bed. She goes bonkers squirming with excitement initially and then falls asleep on her back in between us snoring like a hippo! It's no wonder we don't have any children yet!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Sounds like a good plan. We sort of do that - but, like i said, on sundays it is more a case of Tonks coming to our bed. She goes bonkers squirming with excitement initially and then falls asleep on her back in between us snoring like a hippo! It's no wonder we don't have any children yet!!
Aha, we tried this "dog in the bed" thing and realised that even in a king size bed, there is absolutely NO room for 2 large Boxers and 2 people! Both the boys like to lay on the bed like humans, heads on the pillow and stretched down the bed

Max also has a disconcerting habit of watching until you fall asleep, then licking your face to wake you up, as if he is Lassie and he is saving your life

Murphy likes to lie with his face touching yours, then he falls asleep and huffs at you in his sleep, but if you try and move your face away, he moves with you

This is why dogs sleep in the kitchen!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Ah well, Mad has just started sleeping in past 6:30am and she's almost 3 so don't hold your breath!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Aha, we tried this "dog in the bed" thing and realised that even in a king size bed, there is absolutely NO room for 2 large Boxers and 2 people! Both the boys like to lay on the bed like humans, heads on the pillow and stretched down the bed

Max also has a disconcerting habit of watching until you fall asleep, then licking your face to wake you up, as if he is Lassie and he is saving your life

Murphy likes to lie with his face touching yours, then he falls asleep and huffs at you in his sleep, but if you try and move your face away, he moves with you

This is why dogs sleep in the kitchen!!
That's so funny - made me really chuckle. Tonks also loves to sleep with her head on the pillow and snuggles next to my face, she does the huffy thing but i gues she is a bit less spitty than a huffy boxer can be!

It can be crowded with the cat on there too - but if Tonks starts faffing a firm stare from Meka (cat) soon shuts her up.

Awww i love animals! They are an endless source of fun.....even if they do wake up too early!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >