Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lakeland_lass
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Spiders!

Hey guys just thought i would check in and ask how your dogs react to spiders!

I'm a lover of all animals and always save and name the insects and beasts if they are in and about the house and set them free outside, until Barney came along

Due to the time of year the BIG hose spiders are coming in for some luve with the lady spiders and Barney thinks its ok to eat them .

I'm sure they won't do him any harm but i liked saving them and giving them names. And i'm a tad unsure about kisses after he has munched them just incase they haven't really been eaten and end up on my face .

Sad i know!

What about your dogs?
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Yuck yuck yuck, sorry am totally scared of spiders. Especially the big housey types.

Maggie chases them. It's handy as she will let us know if there is an unwanted beastie in the house. I try not to let her eat them (get the hoover out.....sorry)as that just turns my stomach, but if she does i don't think there is any harm???
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 12:06 PM
hate spiders.... millie eats them lol!

and moths... and flies - all millies snack
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2009, 12:09 PM
If they're in my house they deserve to die if they dare run across the floor. I don't mind them outside as long as they stay out there.

Rossi stamps on them and kills them but won't eat them so leaves them on the carpet. Enzo will sometimes eat them. I won't even pick up a dead one, I make my husband get rid of all creepy crawlies.
sbt4eva
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2009, 12:09 PM
LOL,the first time my two saw a spider running across the rug they jumped up and went over to it,but when it moved both of them jumped backwards with a look of terror and suprise,it was hilairous.Then my girl was nudging it with her nose still unsure about it,then my lad just squished it with his paw .then they took turns nibbling at it.So now i grab the spiders,jimmyspinners and moths if i can befor they do and put them out.
Floatyourboat
New Member!
Female 

28-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I try to catch any spiders in the house in a jam jar and put them outside before my dog spots them. If she sees one she eats it and then sometimes shakes her head and a couple of legs will come flying out of her beard. Gross!!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Dont mind spiders at all,and there are some huge ones around this year, apparentley its been a bumper year for them. As for my dogs and cats I'm afraid they are just a snack for them

Jeanette
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 08:08 PM
i havent actually seen jakes reaction to spiders... he tries to catch anything that flies though and he pounches on beetles and tries to play with them lol
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Bruno likes to taste them if they come too close, however he just spits them back out again a little wet and worse for wear..

we dont get that many so any we do get just get chucked onto the window sill.
nadine201
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Yep Monty is a spider mucher too !!!!
Not sure that he is all that keen on them though as he keeps spitting them out, getting progressively soggier (some times still wriggling, GROSS)
Moths, flies & wasps too !!!! Silly boy, thought he would learn with the wasps after getting stung twice (SIGH)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >