Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
You feel it's the responsibility of this site to condemn people for mistakes *shocking*! That new members are supposed to accept responsibility and move on. Get real for goodness sake. You can see what is happening here of late. People are being judged unfairly and running for the hills. Does that help anybody, including the litters/dogs/pups whatever, that they came to seek advice for. People need to get off their high horse, stop preaching and thinking they are perfect and get REAL!!!!!
I have another theory on this,

having been on this forum for a while now, I have seen many, many people join the forum they have a problem with there dog of some sort or another, be it aggression, there dog being mated by mistake, all sorts of things,

they get there answer and go off, thats all they ever came for, some will come back later if another problem comes up,
not everyone uses this board as a chat room, some use it as a reference library, there absence may mean no more than they are not having any problems with there pet at that point.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Jessica , Admin chose to re open the thread after reading it in order that everyone could have a say.

I have had what I consider to be unfair comments made about me and I have chosen to answer them as and when time allowed and not at the convenience of one person .

Also is is not for one person to decide they 'agree to let it lie' therefore no one else may comment . Unless the thread is locked (an Admin will decide upon that) everyone can respond if they so choose. If they choose not to that is their decision.

You may see a 'slanging match', others will see adults having a discussion.

I meant in the last page, not when it was locked. Im sorry, but it does just appear like a childish slanging match to me now. CC had said that although she doesn't agree, she wouldn't post in the thread again and would let the whole issue lie. Then you posted the quotes yet again for no good reason that i could see other than to stir it up.

Yes, things were said about you, but i feel that it had been discussed in enough depth in the previous posts between you, CC and Azz so i really dont see what the need was to bring up the quotes again. The adult thing to do IMO would have been to do as CC did, agree to disagree, say that you stand by what you said (as you clearly do) and take it to PM. Us "normal" members are not allowed to have slanging matches on the forum, we are told any personal disputes should be taken to PM, and rightly so. I just think it comes across as you having a dig at CC... I dont know if thats how you intended it, i hope not. But as a neutral person (i get on with both of you, never had any issues with you Mini, and as i've said, you have been a wonderful help to me) i just was saddened to see you put that post on the last page... Im sorry, but i just think it was wrong

Also, i think by saying that i had said that because CC "let it lie" it meant no one could comment, thats a bit OTT as well I think CC took the adult, mature decision to let bygones be bygones and i wholeheartedly expected you to do the same, so was very suprised to see your post... Such a shame.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
I meant in the last page, not when it was locked. Im sorry, but it does just appear like a childish slanging match to me now. CC had said that although she doesn't agree, she wouldn't post in the thread again and would let the whole issue lie. Then you posted the quotes yet again for no good reason that i could see other than to stir it up.

Yes, things were said about you, but i feel that it had been discussed in enough depth in the previous posts between you, CC and Azz so i really dont see what the need was to bring up the quotes again. The adult thing to do IMO would have been to do as CC did, agree to disagree, say that you stand by what you said (as you clearly do) and take it to PM. Us "normal" members are not allowed to have slanging matches on the forum, we are told any personal disputes should be taken to PM, and rightly so. I just think it comes across as you having a dig at CC... I dont know if thats how you intended it, i hope not. But as a neutral person (i get on with both of you, never had any issues with you Mini, and as i've said, you have been a wonderful help to me) i just was saddened to see you put that post on the last page... Im sorry, but i just think it was wrong

Also, i think by saying that i had said that because CC "let it lie" it meant no one could comment, thats a bit OTT as well I think CC took the adult, mature decision to let bygones be bygones and i wholeheartedly expected you to do the same, so was very suprised to see your post... Such a shame.

The fact Jessica , that one person decides to bow out of a thread ,does not mean the thread should be brought to an end.

If Admin decide to do so, they will make the decision, .

You accuse some of continually quoting the same old, , over and over again.

You will recognize that one member does this on a regular basis on ALL threads...ALL over the board!!
Meg
Supervisor

20-04-2009, 11:38 AM
A good point Shona also if a new person posts a thread and they get people saying 'I knew you would be slaughtered' when they weren't actually slaughtered, they just got a few harsh comment (along with many good and helpful ones) , it can lead a person to look at the whole site in a different way. Instead of looking at the replies as a whole they focus on the negativity that someone is telling them is there. .
This is not just a site for people to say 'ahhh I love your fluffy little dogy wogy', it is a site where yes we can admire each others dogs but we can also have adult discussions.

Shona you and I had a misunderstanding over an incident some time ago. I was aware of an unfortunate incident which happened before you arrived and I did not make this clear to you at the time that this was the reason for a comment I made (sometimes lack of time means we don't always cover every point ) and for that I am sorry.
We also worked together with another member to unmask a puppy farmer if you remember . He hasn't been back since.

Adults are able to have disagreements and differences of opinion while still retaining a respect for each other as I did with you Shona. I think discussion is healthy but when discussing things or just posting in general we should all try to think before we post and to post responsibly.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
The fact Jessica , that one person decides to bow out of a thread ,does not mean the thread should be brought to an end.

If Admin decide to do so, they will make the decision, .

You accuse some of continually quoting the same old, , over and over again.

You will recognize that one member does this on a regular basis on ALL threads...ALL over the board!!
Well, i havent noticed it to the degree i have in this thread, but as mini is a moderator i would ehave expected her to conduct herself in a way that represents the forum as fair, non-judgemental, adult and unbiased. I dont think those last posts were. That is my opinion, you are all welcome not to agree with it. Im sure others who read this thread can come to their own conclusions.

I have had heated discussions on this forum and remained friendly with those who were opposing my opinion. So thats not the issue. I think think that to hound one member even when they have agreed to let the issue lie is unfair. Yes, continue discuss the issues raised, thats fair enough but to quote that member AGAIN.. That to me is targetting one member and picking apart what they say to stir things up. Thats just how it comes across to me, and im sure others will think the same even if they do not feel comfortable posting their opinions as has been made obvious.
Meg
Supervisor

20-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Well, i havent noticed it to the degree i have in this thread, but as mini is a moderator i would ehave expected her to conduct herself in a way that represents the forum as fair, non-judgemental, adult and unbiased. I dont think those last posts were. That is my opinion, you are all welcome not to agree with it. Im sure others who read this thread can come to their own conclusions.

I have had heated discussions on this forum and remained friendly with those who were opposing my opinion. So thats not the issue. I think think that to hound one member even when they have agreed to let the issue lie is unfair. Yes, continue discuss the issues raised, thats fair enough but to quote that member AGAIN.. That to me is targetting one member and picking apart what they say to stir things up. Thats just how it comes across to me, and im sure others will think the same even if they do not feel comfortable posting their opinions as has been made obvious.
I am sorry you think that Jessica, some of us didn't get the chance to respond to all the comments yesterday and Azz asked for examples and I posted one which I considered to be appropriate. A lot of posts were made in the early hours when we were not all around so we could only respond this morning .

Just because one person decides they have had their say and wish no more to be said does not mean others can't have their say. If people don't like the consequences of entering into a discussion they shouldn't enter in the first place.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 12:09 PM
I once proposed that Dogsey might consider having a section for Controversy, unavailable to new members. Somewhere those of us who enjoy a good debate could vent with no danger of upsetting the more sensitive souls and newbies.
Reactions were mixed - some thought it unecessary, some that it would end in tears.
I am now of the opinion that that it would indeed end in tears.

Where does your responsibility end? As soon as you type the words IMO. Anyone reading stuff on the net needs, above all, a personal filter. These posts are like the adverts - you can believe that skin cream will make you look 20 years younger...or you can excercise common sense.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 12:18 PM
I once proposed that Dogsey might consider having a section for Controversy, unavailable to new members. Somewhere those of us who enjoy a good debate could vent with no danger of upsetting the more sensitive souls and newbies.
I like that idea. I have seen it on other forums. As for it ending in tears...well. As they say, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I am sorry you think that Jessica, some of us didn't get the chance to respond to all the comments yesterday and Azz asked for examples and I posted one which I considered to be appropriate. A lot of posts were made in the early hours when we were not all around so we could only respond this morning .

Just because one person decides they have had their say and wish no more to be said does not mean others can't have their say. If people don't like the consequences of entering into a discussion they shouldn't enter in the first place.

Well, i just assumed that as Azz had said what needed to be said any other issues would (should) go via PM to him or CC. As he said, if theres an issue with a moderator it should be addressed in the feedback section... His rules! So maybe best to let this lie too

And CC certainly didnt say anywhere that no more should be said. But i'd have expected, given that it was supposedly an adult discussion, that as she was mature enough to just agree to disagree, those other adults involved would do the same
Meg
Supervisor

20-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, i just assumed that as Azz had said what needed to be said any other issues would (should) go via PM to him or CC. As he said, if theres an issue with a moderator it should be addressed in the feedback section... His rules! So maybe best to let this lie too

And CC certainly didnt say anywhere that no more should be said. But i'd have expected, given that it was supposedly an adult discussion, that as she was mature enough to just agree to disagree, those other adults involved would do the same
Jessica, someone called into question my integrity , they chose to do so in this thread and so I am responding in this thread . You can't just agree to disagree having questioned someone integrity .

The person in question could have bowed out after Admins first posts or taken the matter to PM then but they chose not to do so.

If you wish to appoint yourself spokesperson for someone who has decided they won't post in this thread anymore that is your choice, but please don't try and tell people when they are or are not allowed to comment on points raised in this thread .

Also please note, you are the one perpetuating this discussion, if you do not wish me to continue commenting don't respond.
Page 28 of 32 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > Last »