View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2008, 11:16 PM
I have used Butchers for years. My two do well on it but they also have veggies, rice, chicken, tuna etc. I give them chicken legs and wings as treats too.

Chappie makes Max sick so I stopped using it around eleven years ago so as far as tinned goes, I use Butchers.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
I wasn't saying the whatever you can afford at anyone or you, find what suits Jamie and don't worry what anyone else gives their dog.

Chappie is great for some dogs, my old girl thrived on it for the last two years, her stomach problems cleared up. Meg and Mack would eat it all the time if I gave it to them aswell. It is probally the only can food I would give them. Do you collect your new puppy this weekend? Have a great weekend. Big hugs to the lovely Jamie .
Aw! Hun I knew you didn't, I was just saying why he went on it in the first place, he was soooooo skinny and Butchers he loved and some weight went on, so we kept with it...Think the post came out wrong...:smt002
Yes Deacon comes home this wknd and omg am I nervous Jamie is playing me up big time at the moment so if you dont hear from me in the next few weeks you know I am lying on the floor ripping my hair out!!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Years ago a vet told me that Chappie was ideal for dogs with sensitive tummies, as it is easy to digest.

I agree it does pong though! It reminds me of the jelly in Pork Pies, never could eat one, think that's why!!:smt078
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Tell me about it!! He has just had some, he had the new one, chicken and rice and the tin had 'Vet Recommended'... we shall see!!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Mmmm Chappie, doesn't the smell get right down your nosrtils, I can smell the stuff for at least an hour after I have opened a can. Did he like it?

Remember loads of pics this weekend please Is his name still Deacon ?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Mmmm Chappie, doesn't the smell get right down your nosrtils, I can smell the stuff for at least an hour after I have opened a can. Did he like it?

Remember loads of pics this weekend please Is his name still Deacon ?
Atm his name is Deacon, maybe Sonny, maybe Scout...?
Jamie wasn't too keen on the Chappie Chicken and Rice... neither was I... the smell..YUK!!!
Saying that I have just gone and got the pup minced tripe (thats what he is on at the mo') omg :smt078 Its awful!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by petticoat74 View Post
Atm his name is Deacon, maybe Sonny, maybe Scout...?
Jamie wasn't too keen on the Chappie Chicken and Rice... neither was I... the smell..YUK!!!
Saying that I have just gone and got the pup minced tripe (thats what he is on at the mo') omg :smt078 Its awful!!
Anakin is a good name.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Anakin is a good name.
And so it begins again :smt018

Scout is an excellent choice of course. Urgh, miced tripe, Mack was on that too, is it frozen? Now! that does stink
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Anakin is a good name.
Yes a gorgeous name
And so it begins again :smt018

Scout is an excellent choice of course. Urgh, miced tripe, Mack was on that too, is it frozen? Now! that does stink
Yes frozen minced tripe and I could smell it through the bag Jamie was on it too... bleurrgghhh!!

Pup will probably be Deacon or Sonny....
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Nowt wrong with the minced tripe.I caught my oh stealing what he thought was chicken when Asta moved onto the chunks.I used to cut the fatty bits off and oh nearly died when he rammed some in his big gob.Never stopped laughing about it for weeks,xxxxxxxxx
Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 >