Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Fascinating thread!

For the two years my husband and I talked about getting a dog we planned on calling him Lewis, after a beany dog I have (named 'lewis' after John Lewis where he came from).

Then Lewis 'puke' Hamilton came along and I was loathe to have any kind of reference to him so we had to come up with something else.

We couldn't agree at all. I wanted Wilson, Neil wanted Lewis and one day I just thought of the name Woody. That was it, we both agreed it was perfect and it really suits him, even though it's abit sad as our surname is Wood!! ;o)

Our next dog will be Jenson ;o)
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:50 PM
I was going to call him Boris because we got him the day Boris Johnson became Mayor of London but he just didn't look like a Boris so we called him Ozzy after Ozzy Osborne and everyone agrees that it couldn't be more fitting, Ozzy by name and Ozzy by nature
Choccylab
New Member!
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:19 AM
What a great thread!
I have always been fascinated in dogs' names too!

Our previous black lab was named Winston after Winston Churchill! This was because his father was called Monty and we decided to carry on the WWII theme and Winston was the most appropriate thing we could think of! It really suited him!!

Our current choc lab is called Drummer. This is because he's really my son's dog and my son's passion is drumming! After weeks of going through all the famous drummers' names and nothing seeming right, my son said "But he just has to be a drummer!", and we all looked at each other and Drummer was christened!!!
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:31 AM
My Rubyblue is so names because that was the collour in Meghan-Rose's coat in the sun , and after she passed over that was the name I was going to call my next dog and now when I look at Rubyblue it realy suits her and she is a credit to the memory of Meghan-Rose...My brothers Grandchildren call her Scoobydoo...
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4