Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 10:43 PM

Can I be bothered with a new man?

Had lunch with a new man today, it was the first time we had met face to face, he found my details on a dating website that I abandoned months ago and we've been exchanging emails, pics etc.
He is extremely presentable, has a lovely smile, talked for Ireland but I put that down to nerves. Over lunch (which he insisted on paying for) we found we had a lot more in common than first thought, also he's a dog person (essential) and doesn't live too far away. He is keen for us to meet up again if I am agreeable, BUT ...... I don't know if I can be bothered which is a tad unusual for me!
I suppose being on my own for four years (and in a marriage where we were strangers for years before that) I've got into a routine, I don't even know what to suggest for a date boy am I out of practice!
He seems to be a nice guy but I kept feeling like I needed to press the brake pedal rather hard. He even said he would come with me to a dog show sometime, my gut feeling was that he would be encroaching on my territory!
Am I mad or what??????
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 10:51 PM
If you like him and he likes dallies...go for it girl.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Deccy if you like him meet again on your terms, I was alone for a long time and had got into a rut of mornings kids, dog, work, dog, kids dog, me time, it is a rut not routine, have a go, take a chance, what have you got to loose xx
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Go for it, but take your time,and enjoy youself
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 05:40 AM
read your thread......not sure what to say as you don't come across as being that keen.
But whatever you decide good luck xxxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 05:44 AM
I don't think you're mad at all, Gill. Like you say, you've been living on your own for 4 years. It's difficult to give up what has become a "comfortable" (and I use that word loosely) routine.

However, if this guy is willing to meet on your terms, and to take it slow, then you have to ask yourself, "what have I got to lose?"

He could be a pleasant distraction.

Is he any good at DIY ?

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 05:56 AM
I was on my own for a long time before I met OH. I could never picture myself as anything but single and we've been together 10 years in October and married 8 next month. I had exactly the same doubts as you but sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Gill, i know exactly what you mean, i have been on my own for almost 6 years and i feel a bit like you.

I think you should take it slow and just see how it goes, explain to him how you feel (not the "you can't be bothered" bit though )

If he is a decent guy he will understand and be happy to take it at your pace, if not, well, then he's not worth your time anyway. You could be letting a good thing slip through your fingers, look at him as a friend rather than as a potential partner and take it from there, you never know

GO FOR IT HUN!!!!!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 06:42 AM
lol - I've been on my own for nearly 8 years hun, so i know what you mean!!

Go for it - have some fun!!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 08:10 AM
i think you will not know unless you give it a try ....stubborn is a lonely life being independant is also a lonely life
personally i don;t think you like being lonely ...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >