View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 07:42 PM

Do you think people can tell they are dying?

The day before my dad died he called to say he had sorted out the funeral arrangement's and plot was got and all was sorted.
Do you think people know when there time is up?
And do you think they are scared or welcome death with open arm's?

I'm a barrel full of laugh's today ain't I.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 07:51 PM
When my uncle was ill and dying from sorousus of the liver , He said goodbye to my dad and said im tired Bunter (that was his name for my dad ) He took my dad hand and closed his eyes and within minutes he was gone , My grandma on my dad side asked for mydad and said im going to be with John (my dad pop) now son good bye my son and she passed away , So I think they know , My oh dad died in his arms he told him I love you son look after my Kathlene my oh mum and he was gone xxdk
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Yes I do. My MIL stopped fighting the nurses in the hospital on the Monday and died on the Wednesday. When I last saw her, she was peaceful and pain free though and I don't think she was frightened at all.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 08:31 PM
The day my Grt Gran left us, she told my Gran (her daughter) and my Mum (her Granddaughter) that she was 'there' and that she was ready and felt relieved and that all the pain had stopped !

I think to an extent people do know roughly, but I think it's probably more medically, when the body starts to retire and they feel that, and know things are failing.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes i think they know

with my dad he told me he was too tired to fight anymore and wanted to just sleep, and i realised after that that is what he meant

it was different with John cos he knew he was gonna leave us, but he knew when his time was close cos he told me he loved me and that i would be okay
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I think they know too,xxxxxxxxxx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Having been extremely close to it myself, I can say that at the time I felt completely at peace, warm and content. This despite being outside in a raging storm and believing that the situation was not survivable; I accepted it totally. I felt that my late father was there, I told my mother afterwards and said I thought he was coming to collect me, she said no, he's just keeping an eye on things.
I did survive but as a result I am not scared of dying.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Yes, i think they do to, my SIL dad had Alziemers (sp) got really bad but all he would say was he just wanted to give his daughter away on her wedding day (she was engaged to my brother then and wedding was planned)

He did give her away to my brother and died 5 days later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2008, 06:47 AM
I think people know. My dad sorted out all the little jobs so Mum wouldn't have any worries and accepted without a fight when the doctor told him he had to go to Hospital.
He survived 2 weeks but he would gaze at the wall as if he was seeing something beyond that wall.
When he died he told me no more pain Lynn no more pain told Mum he loved her gave us all a hug and slipped away.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Hi ZB yes I do.
My Dad was with me when he had his heart attack, luckily my Ex hubby had just arrived home and gave the kiss of life.....ambulance came and whicked him off to Selly Oak Hospital.
He's been in for a week and a half, when they told us he could come home on the Monday 22nd July.
But on the Sunday 21st, I went to visit, as the visiting time came to the end he called me back.....'I want a private word' he said.
His words will haunt me forever.....'Bring those boys up the way I'd want you too, make me proud, and see that they do no wrong and make something of them selves'

Gary and Steven are the only grandchildren to my parents as my sister has never had any.

On Monday 22nd July (the day he was due home) he died from a second heart attack.
That was 23 years ago but I still hear his words............
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >