register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2008, 03:36 PM
All the very best with your new Social Worker Helena. Hope she is supportive of you and I think you are lovely doing what you are doing.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks TW. I had a lovely long conversation with her and she says of course I can have mum home, of course I can have as much help with her as possible, plus more, she can get me alarms and god knows what after she sends in the occupational therapist, and she is well impressed with me that I've been spending mum's money on having her well looked after, but because it's now running out, she will get the ball rolling TODAY!!! Yayyy, I'd call that a result!!! Having said that though, she belongs to the "West Team" this job is for the "East Team" so she's sort of doing their work for them, and God only knows what's going to happen when the information is passed between the TWO teams, coz it's Government workers isn't it!!!! I won't hold my breath then!!!! xxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2008, 03:58 PM
WOW!!!! I am SO impressed. I was expecting to hear about all the pitfalls that were going to be put in your way and how they couldn't get you a home help etc.That is a result, and I know where to come now if I ever need someone to fight my corner with Social Services. You Are A Legend
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Lol! Don't know about that!!!! It's not so much what I say, but the way that I say it perhaps????!!! That's what Dave's always telling me anyway, but that's usually at the start of an argument!!!Lol! Maybe it has other benefits then??!! Well, she's right, I have been doing just about everything AND on my own, no wonder she was impressed with it all!!! Plus of course, she got a bit frightened when I told her the fees were £2,800 per month, so of course she wants her to come back home, so they're going to bend over backwards now that the money is running out aren't they, otherwise they will be liable to pay for the care where she is, coz they're not allowed to throw her out in the street! I'm allowed to throw her out of her wheelchair though!!!!

Oh you have cheered me up no end TW, and I hope Lynn has taken on board some of this humour coz by God she needs it more than I do at the moment. She's still at that stage I was in 6 months ago though, and hopefully she'll come out the other side like I have and let's hope it's sooner rather than later too. Still thinking of you Lynn, I hope you're feeling a bit better this afternoon. I felt really ill last night too, light headed, terrible headache, and I'm not a headache type of person, but there was a lot of stress going around with my conversation with Dave, hopefully it's not a warning for worse to come, I don't think so, I've coped with worse, I've just got to make sure she stands upright or sits down like she's told, but I think she's learned her lessons of late, plus she's got very submissive and does exactly what's she told, which is so out of character for her, but then of course, they've all told her off a lot more than I ever did haven't they! I know what they go through because I'm my mother's daughter, God help them all if I do get to her age!!! They'd better watch out! Lol!xxxxx
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5