Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 07:45 PM

Not a teenage rant

I've been deserted by the brats! They've left me
One's gone to her mum's up North for a week, another's at my ex's, another has gone to his friend's in Leeds & 2 are at their own places. The first few days were really nice & I've got loads done - but now I miss them like mad - the house is so quiet, the fridge is full & there's no washing to be done - I'm lost!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Get a take away.....DVD and run a bubble bath....relaxing music - doors open...and ENJOY!!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Get a take away.....DVD and run a bubble bath....relaxing music - doors open...and ENJOY!!!!
I wouldn't get a takeaway for just me - hubs at work so I made cheese on toast for me (and a bit for Tilly) & have got half a dairy milk for later! nice bubble bath is a good idea though
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Sounds like heaven to me..................no noise, no washing, no cooking, arrrrrrrrh how lucky you are!!!!!

My girls went away last week to their Nans for the first week of the Summer hols. It was lovely! It was more than lovely, it was just soooooooo quiet and calm here! No loud music, no bickering over the t.v. remote, no standing in the kitchen for hours. I expect if they'd gone for two weeks I'd have started to get bored but one week was just right.

Of course, I had my boy ( at home but he's so quiet, I don't really know I have him. Boys are sooooooooo much easier

If I were you, I'd really make the most of the "calm" because it won't be long before you are wishing for peace and quiet again, I'll bet
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Sounds like heaven to me..................no noise, no washing, no cooking, arrrrrrrrh how lucky you are!!!!!

My girls went away last week to their Nans for the first week of the Summer hols. It was lovely! It was more than lovely, it was just soooooooo quiet and calm here! No loud music, no bickering over the t.v. remote, no standing in the kitchen for hours. I expect if they'd gone for two weeks I'd have started to get bored but one week was just right.

Of course, I had my boy ( at home but he's so quiet, I don't really know I have him. Boys are sooooooooo much easier

If I were you, I'd really make the most of the "calm" because it won't be long before you are wishing for peace and quiet again, I'll bet
That's what I keep telling myself - they drive me up the wall & yet I miss them so much!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post

you are so right! my daughter has gone to france for 2 weeks with a friend and her family. it seems like suddenly, the stressy emotional atmosphere has lessened! my son, he is just so uncomplicated!

you know we are mums first and foremost. so when our 'babies' aren't around it kinda leaves us a little redundant. maybe that's why we have pets.

just enjoy the peace tillymint, before you know they will be back and chaos will reign!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:51 PM
awww !! my mum misses me when im away or she bogs off

enjoy it while you can!!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:45 PM
I spoke too soon, one has returned,dumped her stuff on the floor, raided the fridge & gone to bed! same old same old.......... I'm happy now though I guess
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I spoke too soon, one has returned,dumped her stuff on the floor, raided the fridge & gone to bed! same old same old.......... I'm happy now though I guess
Haha, by this time tomorrow, you'll be wishing you were lonely again
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Try and enjoy it while you can. My daughter is off today till Sunday night and I love the peace and quiet of just me and the dogs in the house.
Must admit when she went for a week a couple of weeks ago I did miss her like mad in the end and was so pleased to see her come home.
The next day with the mess and chaos everywhere again though I did wonder why.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >