register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Do you think flying the England flag is right considering recent events?
Yes, it would show solidarity. 10 58.82%
No, it would be disrespectful. 2 11.76%
Not sure. 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 11:26 PM

Would it be inappropriate?

I'm off to the Lakes tomorrow morning and when I go on long journeys I like to put my England flag on my car (don't worry I have a British one on my aerial! ) just to show my solidarity!
However due to recent events I wasn't sure if this was disrespectful to mourning friends and family (flags flying at half mast etc?).

What should I do? How would you feel if you saw someone flying thr England flag so soon after the terrorist atttacks?

Really not sure what to do here!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 11:28 PM
well being scottish we would shout at you and call you names -LOL only kidding !!

No I amnt sure on whether its inappropriate or not - whatever floats ur boat really- but I amnt a flag flyer so cant really comment - perhaps someone else can advise ?

enjoy your weekend flags or not !! LOL
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks Brundog! (Thought you'd changed your name, or did I dream it?? )
I'll hopefully be able to take my brothers digital camera so will have pics when I get back!

I'm just not sure what to do. The last thing I want to do is offend people. Thinking of having a message in the window along the lines of "We will not be terrorised"* in the window if I do just to make sure?

*Thats thanx to Gems on the original post, just incase I get done for libel!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Thanks Brundog! (Thought you'd changed your name, or did I dream it?? )
you must of dreamt it - why do you think I should - its become a bit of a trend - feeling a bit left out now !! LOL
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
you must of dreamt it - why do you think I should - its become a bit of a trend - feeling a bit left out now !! LOL
Yeah I must of then! Sorry, I have weird dreams! Must be something to do with people changing names a lot at the mo!
I think your name is perfect and remember being a bit peeved that you were changing it, god it's gonna bug me now I'm trying my hardest to remember what it was changed to! I'll let you know if I remember.

Think you might have changed it to Bruno or something! Very inventive aren't I???? I'll have to think now!

Think you may have got another dog in the dream and put the two names together???? It's coming back to me slowly!
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 12:00 AM
No idea on appropriateness but you'll save petrol and therefore the world by not flying it

Graeme
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Hmmm could I just fly it and not use my air con?
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 12:05 AM

Graeme
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 12:08 AM
I know I'm a shocker aren't I?!!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 08:28 AM
proud to be british .. fly the flag !!!! since the london events there have been quite a few flags flying where i live , noone takes it as an insult or as a sign of disrespect .. just that we are british , a proud nation, and a snook at terrosism
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >