Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 09:22 PM

Poor Benjie :(

Benjie has been house bound for nearly 2 weeks - after chasing Louie and having a funny tumble he started limping on his front leg, then his hind leg went as he came down the stairs. Now a week after that incident his elbow is swollen and it seems his left hip is acting up. He will be booked in on Monday unless it gets significantly better, my OH's parents reckon he's laid funny on it.

He's managed to go out in the garden to the toilet but not much further - so as a treat and because the OH has taken the other two out - I've just had him on the drive and been throwing treats in the snow for him and he's been truffling around trying to find them and really came alive in it - but not alive enough to stay out longer than 10 minutes - I dont want to freeze his joints up any more than they already are.

Up until this week (I havent seen him) it seemed like he'd just pulled something chasing Louie around on their mad half hours, but I know HD well (family dogs suffered from it) and I know he has a bit of GSD and Lab in him so looks like a few x-rays and maybe surgery - depending on what the vets say. He;s been having cod liver oil tablets to help ease a bit with his joints.

IS there anything else I can do until monday?
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Aaawww poor boy
I would definitely take him to see the vet on Monday.
I have Metacam in my cupboard (on my vet's advice) so that if Stone has bad elbow days I can give him that for a few days until he gets over it. This is working out well as I don't need to rush him to the vet each time he starts limping.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Keep him quiet and away from stairs or jumping up/down of any kind.

Good luck at the vets..... x