Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 03:39 PM

Tip which may prevent coprophagia

Heard about this today, thought I'd share, I know its a disgusting subject but apparently for dogs that eat pooh, put pineapple juice through their feed and it stops them eating pooh, some one was telling me about this today and have done it and it works...:
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Heard about this today, thought I'd share, I know its a disgusting subject but apparently for dogs that eat pooh, put pineapple juice through their feed and it stops them eating pooh, some one was telling me about this today and have done it and it works...:
Hi inkliveeva it is actually easier to mix chopped pineapple pieces or pumpkin seeds in with the food than juice

The best pevention I have found is to clean up instantly and to teach the 'leave '
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Mmmm lovely subject !!!
I heard and read somewhere that feeding orange segments also works. But same as anything, most of what we read is a load of rubbish so not sure id go by feeding oranges to my dogs!
Argyros
New Member!
Female 

29-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I have tried this tip, along with many others. Feed them garlic (don't, by the way - it's toxic!), pineapple, pineapple juice, spraying it with different things, nothing worked. I even tried spraying with soap (leaving the stuff for training, of course, not because I'm lazy). The best remedy I have found, is raw food. Apparantly, when the food is very well digested, it is much less interesting. This only works if the dog eats its own, of course. I have given up, you just have to keep an eye on them and tell them it's not allowed. Disgusting habit!