Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ARC
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-06-2013, 08:53 AM

BEN 1yr old Lab-X

BEN is a 1yr old (in July) Lab-X, who is a big, gorgeous softie. His owners have taken the difficult decision to rehome him because, unfortunately, their busy life doesn’t allow much time for Ben anymore, so we are looking for a home where he will be given plenty of physical & mental stimulation. He has grown up with children and is good with other dogs, but untried with cats. Ben knows his basic commands, but would benefit from some more training, and he has good off-lead recall, and is fully house-trained. This big, huggable boy would fit into a home with young children or energetic teenagers who have the same energy levels as Ben. If you would like to offer Ben a loving home, please call 0845 475 5958 or email: rehoming@animalrescuecymru.co.uk We rehome all over the UK and always carry out a home check before rehoming any animal.

zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Ben is gorgeous, i'm sure he will get his forever home soon x
cloggy
New Member!
Female 

09-06-2013, 10:12 PM
He is stunning and have a space on the end of my bed just big enough Shame he is so far away but don't doubt he will find a loving home soon. xx
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2013, 11:14 PM
He is a gorgeous dog, hope he finds a home soon.
ARC
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
He is stunning and have a space on the end of my bed just big enough Shame he is so far away but don't doubt he will find a loving home soon. xx
We rehome all over the UK, we even have dogs that have gone to Scotland, so I don't think you're that far away.
cloggy
New Member!
Female 

10-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I use to live on the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides so in comparison it isn't that far Its more the logistics of driving down to Wales to meet him and him us as I only get every other wkend off. (Im not off at weekend now for two weeks and rehoming often asks for at least two visits) I have a 10 yr old daughter and three older kids, two are still at home ( I keep trying but they won't go). I work full time but there is someone here all week apart from 3 hours 3 days a week as we all work different hours.

I have owned two labs and one cross lab so am very 'up' on the breed.. chewing/mad as a box of frogs for the first 2-3 yrs, eating and rolling in the most disgusting of things on the river bank.. even chewing a pair of jimmy choos (not mine.. im more a welly girl)

I now live in the Ribble Valley in Lancashire, surrounded by rivers and fells and have a 4 months old cocker/springer cross that is my daughters dog and jealous .. I only manage to sneak him on my bed when shes on a sleepover !!
ARC
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
I use to live on the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides so in comparison it isn't that far Its more the logistics of driving down to Wales to meet him and him us as I only get every other wkend off. (Im not off at weekend now for two weeks and rehoming often asks for at least two visits) I have a 10 yr old daughter and three older kids, two are still at home ( I keep trying but they won't go). I work full time but there is someone here all week apart from 3 hours 3 days a week as we all work different hours.

I have owned two labs and one cross lab so am very 'up' on the breed.. chewing/mad as a box of frogs for the first 2-3 yrs, eating and rolling in the most disgusting of things on the river bank.. even chewing a pair of jimmy choos (not mine.. im more a welly girl)

I now live in the Ribble Valley in Lancashire, surrounded by rivers and fells and have a 4 months old cocker/springer cross that is my daughters dog and jealous .. I only manage to sneak him on my bed when shes on a sleepover !!
I - like you - have had labs all my life & know just what you mean. Peter Pan dogs I call them, as they never grow up! ( & dustbins on legs)
We are actually home checking for Ben this week, but I will post updates as to how it went. BTW - we would only ask for one visit & that would be after the home check has been passed - to collect the new member of the family (or not - as the case may be!) Take care.
cloggy
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2013, 09:17 PM
I didn't think it would take long for him to find a new forever home, hope for his sake things go ok! I will keep an eye on this post xx

I heard on the grapevine today that Dougals (my daughters dog) brother is maybe looking for a new home as his owner is having a real problem toilet training him and at the end of his tether..(maybe working full time and just having someone come round for a quick walk isn't helping). Dougal (and all his other siblings) are doing fantastic and so easy to train I would hate to think of the wee boy being passed from pillar to post because his basic early training went wrong.. Guess it also depends on whether they want him to go to a good home or will sell him as a designer 'sprocker' :/
ARC
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Ben is now reserved