View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
It seems strange that it only happens with some meals if it is an ongoing condition.

I really hope it is something simple that can be quickly sorted.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Sending lots of positive vibes for Zena, i hope they get to the bottom of it on Monday
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Sending positive vibes from here too.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Ah, the poor lass, sending lots of positive vibes from my lot.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
WOW I am so sorry that Zena is still being sick, poor love and poor you, I am sending you some good vibes from America.

I am going to be following this thread as I am really interested in the outcome, as you know Zena and Daisy were very similar with their puppy sickness, Thankfully Daisy has mostly outgrown her episodes.

*fingers crossed*
Hi DD, yes I remember how similar their puppyhood was with the morning sickness episodes, but I'm sure your lovely Daisy won't end up with something like this!!!

I really don't know what the outcome will be myself, so it's also very interesting for me, as I've never in my years of owning dogs had anything as mysterious as this one and I've had a few believe me over the years! Thanks DD, will definitely be updating this one on Monday.

Originally Posted by talassie View Post
It seems strange that it only happens with some meals if it is an ongoing condition.

I really hope it is something simple that can be quickly sorted.
The thing is, if what he says is true, then it isn't strange at all. If the food is staying in the eosophagus coz it's like a big "sock" as he put it, then by either the 2nd or 3rd meal of the day, of course, it's got nowhere to go until she empties it by regurgitating. If it's made its way into the stomach, then of course, she doesn't throw up coz it's not stomach related. Then again, as he said, if it IS something foreign in her tummy, the same thing will happen.

The mere fact that 4 smooth meals have now stayed down fed in the way it should be with this condition, plus the fact that megaesophagus can't handle food in "bits" such as my homemade meatballs with the veg in which came straight back up half way through feeding them, it sadly, really does point to it if it continues to be ok by Monday morning when I take her in doesn't it. Nevertheless, even if he has his diagnosis made via my week-end experiment, I'm afraid we've still got to put her through Monday's tests, I would never forgive myself if something dire happened should it not be what he thinks.

Oh lordy, Monday is looming on the horizon now, and I'm getting edgy!! I'm taking her down the beach soon when it cools down a bit coz she's lively as a cricket after having had an hour's sleep lol!

Thanks Emma, k9 and twix, it is very worrying for us here.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Bucket loads of positive vibes for Zena...........
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks Moli.

Just fed the third meal of the day, been 6 hours, it went down well, using the same method about 5 mins ago and........ she's just chucked it all back up outside This is not looking so good now
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Moli.

Just fed the third meal of the day, been 6 hours, it went down well, using the same method about 5 mins ago and........ she's just chucked it all back up outside This is not looking so good now
Hope you get this sorted out, it must be such a worry for you, bless her. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks Gill. There's no rhymme or reason to it is there, it's all so irregular and so very odd what on earth is happening in there I wonder?

Just tried her again with the same amount she had an hour ago which she had brought back up coz she was ravenous, and so far so good, it's staying down and it's been all of 10 minutes and it would have come back up by now if it was going to.

Has anybody got any ideas on this one please?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Out of interest (sorry, I haven't found the post saying what's wrong with her), is Zena still on Fish4Dogs?

When Harley was on F4D as a pup, he was sick after every meal. We've since worked out (not veterinary proved, but from our own experiments) that he is intolerent to fish and will bring it all back up if he has any fish.
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »