Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cayugawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2009, 09:37 PM

stray dog help

Hi folks, hope someone can come up with some ideas here please!

Just had a phone call from a friend of ours who has picked up a stray dog on a busy dual carriageway tonight. He has taken the dog home and called the police, who say thay stray dogs are not their problem and gave the phone number of the dog warden. He tried this number and was told they arent the dog warden any more!! Any ideas on what to do next...or any ideas which kennels will take in strays in the south east Northumberland/Newcastle area?

Lynn
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 09:51 PM
hiya

cant help with the area, but your friend could register the dog on the below site
http://www.doglost.co.uk/page.aspx?pg=84

I had a similar problem when i found a dog and the warden wouldnt come out, luckily my neighbour is friends with the police van driver who drove him down to the dogs home, i postered the whole area with a photo and his details of where he was and he got reunited after a few days...

good luck for your friend and the dog !!!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Where in South East are you?
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 11:16 PM
If you take the dog into the police station and say he is a stray, they are obligated to take it off you. Some may try to put you off though.
cayugawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2009, 06:37 AM
not se england..........se Northumberland. The police refused to deal, gave them the number for housing services!!! He is goung to keep her at his house for now , till he can think of something.

Lynn
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 06:55 AM
If you try your local council web-site it should tell you which the local kennels is that deals with strays in your area. Failing that ring a couple up and ask them?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 08:18 AM
the council will be able to tell you who your local dog wardens are.

The police in our area do not take in dogs, the dog wardens operate within certain hours but we have a place called lostpaws for out of hours who are a bit like dog lost and sometimes they are already aware that the is dog is missing.
cayugawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Good news......little lurcher was reported missing by her owners this morning, and should be safe back home now

Lynn
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi

There is a Rescue centre at Longbenton (next to the metro station. Also there is another at Claremont Road which is actually in Newcastle itself. they are both the same organisation and is where all the dog wardens take the strays around here. Obi came from them. I have a friend who works there so if you need any more info let me know.

Ali
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Ah glad to see that, must have posted as you did
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >