Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
How many dogs suffer this fate every day Jodie... can I have a figure please?

And where is the link for GH having been done?
I've no idea how many dogs suffer this fate every day - as you will use the figure to justify the number of greyhounds destroyed - I suggest you find the figure.

There is no link, which is why I said 'allegedly'.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Charles Pickering bred 198 pups between June 2005 and May 2006 – only 90 of those pups were named and a mere 46 went on to race on licensed tracks – just 23%!!!!!
Where did the other 152 pups go????
Pet homes?

Please supply good factual evidence to substantiate your claim regarding PETA. Whatever – PETA do not irresponsibly breed 1000’s of dogs every year. The 1000’s of greyhounds discarded by this exploitative gambling industry only exasperates the numbers of shelter dogs who cannot be re-homed. Shoot me down in flames but I would rather see no healthy animal being destroyed, least of all to provide a gambling medium and huge profits for the bookmakers.
No, PETA KILL animals, dogs, Cats, Greyhounds included. How could any animal "lover" say they dont cause intolerable cruelty, when the proof is out there? They may not breed but they sure as hell cause massive suffering!

Your ethics and morals are questionable - particularly as they protect your own self serving interests in seeing the continuation of greyhound racing. My ethics and morals serve to protect innocent creatures from abuse, neglect and destruction.
Good for you, must be a dreadful struggle.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
You bring up the 75 year old Eve Blanchard again.

As stated before by me and what I gleaned off GS these are the facts about her situation.

She employed a Kennel girl called Hanna who was paid to look after her dogs, this women then videoed the condition these dogs that she looked after.

She gets sacked after taking a video in the middle of the night which is put up on You tube and your site.

Along come Sue Haigh on GS and derides her and gives Hanna telephone number(MOD should delete it but did not) Hanna takes off the video YT because of so called threats but left on your site as you stated she had threats against her thanks to the wife of Neil Haigh the head Kennel Hand at Blanchard kennels giving this Hanna telephone number.

We are told by this Sue that thanks to her husband and help of others at Poole that things where a lot better.

Six months later after her Husband gets sacked by Blanchard this Sue does the same thing as Hanna did and we get a new Video of the Blanchard Kennels on your site.

Think Jodie you are an "Agent Provocateur"

Any way the Industry where the only ones in the end to help sort out the problems of a 75 year caused in some ways by those muppets of yours who did FA to help her.

Galty no matter how much you try to criticise the efforts of those who did everything possible to help these greyhounds - including reporting the disgusting conditions to the GBGB and securing places for 12 dogs on Blanchard's 'destruction' list - the fact remains, Blanchard was animal abuser who kept her dogs in filthy conditions, destroyed dogs at the drop of a hat because she didn't want anyone else to have them, illegally disposed of dog waste, employed people 'cash in hand', built a kennel block in breach of planning law and confined her dogs to kennels 24/7 - excluding race days and kennel cleaning.

But hey! I suspect thats the type of trainer the GBGB want/need which is why they gave her a grant to tart up her kennels and the good people of Wimbledon are financing the re-homing of her dogs she wanted to be destroyed!

FTR - no one was sacked - Hannah walked off the job and so did Neil.

http://www.greytexploitations.com/re...eyhounds-voice
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
And you have a problem with that???
Yes I have a problem with it.

As are hundreds of other healthy dogs , PTS every day by a vet... ??
Which doesnt excuse those 1000's of greyhounds who are destroyed.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Well for anyone intrested I got a reply from BSFA, and as I thought they will only do pure breeds, and they said that the only other club that they know of is Sussex longdogs, so I will still be looking for a place closer to home.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Pet homes?
Obviously an uneducated guess.........

No, PETA KILL animals, dogs, Cats, Greyhounds included. How could any animal "lover" say they don't cause intolerable cruelty, when the proof is out there? They may not breed but they sure as hell cause massive suffering!
Please supply good factual evidence of this - as I have said before, your unsubstantiated comments does nothing for your credibility.

Good for you, must be a dreadful struggle.
No struggle at all - I take comfort in knowing I can show compassion towards exploited sentient creatures and humans alike.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:42 PM
FTR - no one was sacked - Hannah walked off the job and so did Neil.
Is that the same Hannah we found out was lying about videos etc.. earlier?

Can I ask why there have been very few (if any) prosecutions against these dreadful people for cruelty etc? Dont say its because its self regulated because the RSPCA can act on ANY cruelty.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Obviously an uneducated guess.........
Id say more likey educated, unless of course you know different? I mean where are all these puppies bodies?

Please supply good factual evidence of this - as I have said before, your unsubstantiated comments does nothing for your credibility.
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-085338-5284r/

Loads more if you look.

No struggle at all - I take comfort in knowing I can show compassion towards exploited sentient creatures and humans alike.
Im pleased for you, comforting oneself must be very satisfying.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Is that the same Hannah we found out was lying about videos etc.. earlier?

Can I ask why there have been very few (if any) prosecutions against these dreadful people for cruelty etc? Dont say its because its self regulated because the RSPCA can act on ANY cruelty.
Ive no idea if its the same Hannah.

The RSPCA can act but don't. If they receive a complaint regarding a licensed kennel, they forward the complaint on to the GBGB to deal with - as they did in the Blanchard case.

There has never been a licensed trainer prosecuted in a criminal court under the AWA - they have always been dealt with internally under the Rules of Racing and leniently!
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Id say more likey educated, unless of course you know different? I mean where are all these puppies bodies?

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-085338-5284r/

Loads more if you look.

Im pleased for you, comforting oneself must be very satisfying.

PETA - very sad indeed but as I have said, PETA dont purposely breed these animals with the intention of detroying them if they are deemed 'surplus to requirements' unlike the racing industry.

You didnt comment on my video which I also find very satisfying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCITD_Hi3tU
Page 101 of 157 « First < 51 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 111 151 > Last »