Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
I find it so so sad that there are 90% bull breeds in this shelter about to die because there is no one to fight for them.. Every rescue is bursting at the seems with them - when will it end...

Breaks my heart reading this thread it really does, as I don't understand how two collies can have such amazing work done but that the bullies will be left to die cos there is nowhere for them to go.
Unfortunatley thats just it, every where is bursting with Bull breeds at least around here they are It breaks my heart it really does that ANY dog finds itself in a pound/shelter.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm really pleased that the B+W collie has been rehomed
It is really sad about all the bully dogs that get forgotten. Maybe just too much bad press because so many 'gang culture' yobs own them as status symbols where they are encouraged to be vicious. I don't think anything can be done other than obliterating the 'gangs'
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Unfortunatley thats just it, every where is bursting with Bull breeds at least around here they are It breaks my heart it really does that ANY dog finds itself in a pound/shelter.
up here is no different, every single pound up nd down the country is bursting at the seams with them and every rescue centre and independent rescue is struggling to cope and inundated with requests to take more.

Its a very sad state of affairs
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 11:48 PM
i am the same Lucy and whilst I don't want to make the OP feel bad in any way and take away from what was done to help these collies, I find it so so sad that there are 90% bull breeds in this shelter about to die because there is no one to fight for them.. Every rescue is bursting at the seems with them - when will it end...

Breaks my heart reading this thread it really does, as I don't understand how two collies can have such amazing work done but that the bullies will be left to die cos there is nowhere for them to go... - and I am not suggesting that anyone on here shouldn't have helped the collies, just that why does no one want the bullies?

And on another thread we have the subject of rescue being suggested as being "repulsive" i just don't get it.
I know what you mean... I think with bull breeds, the problem is that there are just soooooo many of them... I think where there is such a large number, it is harder to see the individuals... Which wasn't the case with the BCs... It doesn't make it right, but it is a difficult situation and until the breeding of them is controlled more, it will keep spiraling out of control

On the other thread (I'm 99% sure what one you mean), it wasn't rescues that were being described as repulsive, but the way some people persist in suggesting others to get a rescue dog (that's not me saying that, just what I have taken from the thread)... not the actual rescues themselves.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 12:47 AM
i am the same Lucy and whilst I don't want to make the OP feel bad in any way and take away from what was done to help these collies, I find it so so sad that there are 90% bull breeds in this shelter about to die because there is no one to fight for them.. Every rescue is bursting at the seems with them - when will it end...

Breaks my heart reading this thread it really does, as I don't understand how two collies can have such amazing work done but that the bullies will be left to die cos there is nowhere for them to go... - and I am not suggesting that anyone on here shouldn't have helped the collies, just that why does no one want the bullies?

And on another thread we have the subject of rescue being suggested as being "repulsive" i just don't get it.
I think your right, but can I add that such places like Birmingham Dogs home, RSPCA kennels, Blue Cross....they have a huge quantity of Bull Breeds, almost bursting at the seams, no matter how hard you try here no-one wants them only people interested is young macho guys or guys with ''intentions'' and you don't want them to have them
There are far too many BYB around here that's for sure, we have one not far from us that churns them out like they are going out of fashion, nearly every newsagents around here are advertising Bull Breed pups for anything from 200-250 in price, they sell them to anyone, they never keep check on how the pup's doing, the pup can be seen running around loose following who-ever bought them with no lead on, or they are carrying heavy collars/harnesses on them...far to heavy in fact for such a youngster. Then they disappear and another has been gotten. Birmingham is bursting to the seams with them I doubt we would find enough homes to re-home them, sticky ones in kennels are given away free yes FREE........... somehow and I have no idea how, the BYB of this breed needs to be stopped IMO before you could see some relief. Its so sad and disgusting on how many are bred I wish I knew the answer
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6