Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2011, 03:05 PM

Surprised at people

When out with Oz and Coco loads of people want to say hello to Coco which i expected what has surprised me is the amount of folks that say ''I must say hello to him too I don't want him feeling left out ''about Ozzie I am so pleased they do this ..
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I wish i could say the same for my x-staffie. everyone always wants to say hello to my AB but dont really seem interested in my older x staffie. he used to get all the attention when he was younger but now the AB is centre of attention for people.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
I wish i could say the same for my x-staffie. everyone always wants to say hello to my AB but dont really seem interested in my older x staffie. he used to get all the attention when he was younger but now the AB is centre of attention for people.
See that is what i thought would happen ...
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I used to get the same with Shadow and Wolf except I then had to convince people that Shadow really did NOT want their attention and would be much happier being "left out".
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 04:12 PM
if there is more than one dog, i always say hello to them all. i never want to leave one out
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I realised the other day when we were out (minus our dogs for a change!) that I am not really a dog lover per se as my husband was making a fuss of a Lhasa Apso dog whilst I didn't but when I saw a Welsh terrier puppy I was all over it! Definitely made me rethink my idea of getting a Bichon. I think I am a terrier lover rather than a dog lover.

I suppose it depends on your dog's personality though -whether they mind someone fussing the other dog and not them. Parker's not generally fussed about strangers though he loves children. Cherry on the other hand is very happy to go to anyone who wants to fuss her.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I must say i am not a dog lover per se, i would probably not pay a massive amount of physical attention to any other dog, except occasionally the odd puppy, but it is odd i love my dogs to bits, but dont rush towards other peoples dogs.

If i stroked a puppy though and there was another dog there, i would stroke both.