Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ume chika
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 07:25 PM

Do I call the rspca?

hi there are 3 houses behind us that have dogs 2 of which let their dogs in the yard and leave the back door open so the dogs come and go as they please, but one locks a dog out most, if not all of the time as far as we can see, he whines a lot but goes quiet and waggy when we talk to him through our back window, i cant see a proper kennel just a battered plastic box with doors on that he doesnt seem to go near, instead he shelters in a cramped storage area which has a door at the back of the house , no access inside the house, you can see him trying to get comfortable amoung the rubbish, there is not enough room for him to sit properly never mind lie down, there is a small pink bowl that could contain water but doesnt look like anyone fills it up often. I feel so sorry for him and he looks so sad. I dont have enough evidence without going into their yard which is small to medium sized, about the exact conditons but we know he is mostly alone, not tied up. Is it worth contacting the RSPCA?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Yes, they will visit and your identity will not be revealed.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Agree with Smokeybear. Definitely give them a call, and hopefully the dog's conditions will be improved after a visit.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:22 PM
A yes from me as well - it will also put your mind at ease to have done something to try and help the dog.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:27 PM
A yes from me too, however don't expect miracles because unfortunately I have yet to hear of the RSPCA doing anything in a case like this.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
A yes from me too, however don't expect miracles because unfortunately I have yet to hear of the RSPCA doing anything in a case like this.
I have to agree with this unfortunately I wouldn't expect much either Are the people in all the time? Just wondering if you could maybe get any form of water to the dog? or maybe put down some food...so difficult.

Bev x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:32 PM

Yes. Lets hope they come up trumps.

You will sleep better, you must be so worried for the poor little mite. Just awful for the poor dog, sleeping amongst rubbish! Does he get fed?! WHY do these people have dogs
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Yes but don't hold ur breath I called them out over the really cold spell and they did nothing
ATD x
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Totally agree
call them ,again and again and again-dont give up!!!!!!!!
Ask to be kept informed about what action they are taking

I had a similar thing happen with dogs in the house at the back of ours,who I could see from the back bedroom window.

I called and called,and called and called,got the neighbours to do the same,eventually someone did come out-but assessed that they had food water and shelter-so that was apparently enough -the fact that they were never walked or even taken out of the tiny area where they were kept and 1 was chained 24/7 didnt matter
Good luck-hope something can be done,as I know how upsetting it is seeing this happening and feeling so helpless
Maureen

Thank you for caring