Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Do you use your magical powers?

Amazing....amazing thought I would shar this with you all

This morning it was drizzling with rain I opened the backdoor to let Sal out into the garden she took about 5 steps out had a quick wee and shot back in.....................glancing at me as if to say "its raining you know...evil person putting me out in the rain"

About an hour later the rain was by now pouring down, but I had letters to post and hey presto Sal is eager and ready to face the now almost torrential rain with the wag of her tail....why? because I had evoked the magical powers of the dog lead...... it obviously protects her from the rain......

So does anyone else have a magical dog lead?????
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I do, three of them. If there is even a drop of rain they wont go out in the garden. But if they see me with the leads they are all to eager, even if its peeing down. And when out in it love it.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Apart from the pup mine are all diva's they would be horrified about getting wet LOL
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 11:32 AM
I use mine for bath time! Coz I tie him up next to the outside tap - works every time!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
My magic dog lead has the power to instantly waken 2 snoring geriatrics (which is quite a good trick because one`s stone deaf at other times). It also summons a twirly Shamus to dance his Magic Lead dance while singing an Ode to Joy, while Daisy, being a Lady, merely takes her rightful station as Guardian of the Mat Beside the Door
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Hmmm, there isn't a magic in the world that could get Selkie out in the rain.. I am convinced however, she firmly doesn't believe that the world at the front of the house is the same as the garden.
If it's raining in the garden and she really needs a wee, she takes me to the front door and barks. I open it... still raining, she looks at me like "why? why would you do this?" Then heads back to the back door and forlornly stares out.
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
My magical powers fail, as soon as the rain gets heavy he's not going anywhere! If it starts raining when he's already out then he hides between my legs, which of course makes it MUCH faster to get home...

This raises and interesting question, whyis he quite happy to dive into a lake but not to get mildly wet from a summer shower??? Dog logic i geuss
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Sorry, no. Mo does not believe in magic
Lead or no lead, she does not "do" rain
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Apart from the pup mine are all diva's they would be horrified about getting wet LOL
dito
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with rain shy dogs I can understand Pharaoh, he has no coat to speak of, Selkie hates getting wet, the rain soaks all the way through her thick coat and it takes ages to get dry, and Kismet seems to be picking it up from the other two, although is less bothered by the rain than them...

But I do worry after a day or two of solid rain, whether they are getting enough exercise. So I drag them out anyway and they have a miserable walk, we all get back wet and miserable and wondering if it was all worth it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >