Female 

10-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Stunning pictures Looks like you all had a fab time x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Great pics, sounds like one very busy show though 100 entries in each class

The being there is more important than coming home ladened with rosettes, I know that coz of all the horse shows I went to and never won!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Great pics, sounds like one very busy show though 100 entries in each class

The being there is more important than coming home ladened with rosettes, I know that coz of all the horse shows I went to and never won!
That's true, as we can attest still how did that judge not see 'into' our Ben's lovely sad eyes..That's what he did he went round every dog and gazed into their eyes.

Still...it was an experience for them both and they were all so good considering that heat

xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
The experience you've gained for Poppy just being there is worth all the rosettes they had in their bags, believe me!! Although it was hot, there's some lovely shade under all those big trees which I'm sure you found for that little picnic of yours, and think yourself lucky you didn't have to share it with all these other Dogsey peops!!!!

Wish we could have been there, we don't have anything like that around here, only the silly little shows with half a dozen dogs and then that big obedience one I went to the other week, one I couldn't enter and the others I just wouldn't want to, and quite honestly, I meet more dogs and people out and about than any of our local shows, so what's the point? Love to have gone to that one of yours though with both of mine!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
The experience you've gained for Poppy just being there is worth all the rosettes they had in their bags, believe me!! Although it was hot, there's some lovely shade under all those big trees which I'm sure you found for that little picnic of yours, and think yourself lucky you didn't have to share it with all these other Dogsey peops!!!!

Wish we could have been there, we don't have anything like that around here, only the silly little shows with half a dozen dogs and then that big obedience one I went to the other week, one I couldn't enter and the others I just wouldn't want to, and quite honestly, I meet more dogs and people out and about than any of our local shows, so what's the point? Love to have gone to that one of yours though with both of mine!
Would love it if you had been, but a bit too far for a day out mate....next year?? yea!!!
xx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
We were there.. Photos to come when I have had a chance to catch my breath.. we got home today after spending all week with my Mum!

SUCH a long day! So very hot... we entered tonnes and only won a 4th for Selkie in the best veteran...

Selkie made a new friend in a little girl called Caitlin who sat next to us at ringside, her mummy and daddy wouldn't let her have a doggy, so she dragged them to the dog show and made them watch to the very very end! so I promised she could take selkie into child handler... Bless her, she did so well. She was called out to the final 10, but just couldn't get Selkie to sit when it mattered and got a 'special' rosette! Not bad for a 5 and a half year old with a big dog she had only met a few hours before

It was great to meet Nanuq in the fuzz He's adorable, Kismet met him with big Husky hugs and they would have had a big wrestle if we let them... (Told you she was teeney) .. But then I had to get back to looking after my dog phobic Mum! ... I have never seen such a big show or so many dogs all in one place.. I had no idea there were other dogsey dogs there.. I only recognised Nanuq Definitely go again next year.. But I have learned my lesson and will only enter the first 5 classes so I can go home for 3! Oh and I'm taking a folding chair into the ring!

I couldn't believe the classes where we all ended up sat or lying around with the dogs.. Pharaoh actually fell asleep in best rescue!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
We were there.. Photos to come when I have had a chance to catch my breath.. we got home today after spending all week with my Mum!

SUCH a long day! So very hot... we entered tonnes and only won a 4th for Selkie in the best veteran...

Selkie made a new friend in a little girl called Caitlin who sat next to us at ringside, her mummy and daddy wouldn't let her have a doggy, so she dragged them to the dog show and made them watch to the very very end! so I promised she could take selkie into child handler... Bless her, she did so well. She was called out to the final 10, but just couldn't get Selkie to sit when it mattered and got a 'special' rosette! Not bad for a 5 and a half year old with a big dog she had only met a few hours before

It was great to meet Nanuq in the fuzz He's adorable, Kismet met him with big Husky hugs and they would have had a big wrestle if we let them... (Told you she was teeney) .. But then I had to get back to looking after my dog phobic Mum! ... I have never seen such a big show or so many dogs all in one place.. I had no idea there were other dogsey dogs there.. I only recognised Nanuq Definitely go again next year.. But I have learned my lesson and will only enter the first 5 classes so I can go home for 3! Oh and I'm taking a folding chair into the ring!

I couldn't believe the classes where we all ended up sat or lying around with the dogs.. Pharaoh actually fell asleep in best rescue!
Oooooooo were you in best rescue??? I can't believe I didn't see you, would have loved to have met you and your dogs I think I may have seen Selkie.

Well done to your new friend the little girl. My son was entered for that but we decided to leave...we had all had enough!

It was very hot for most of it but there was plenty of water which I was impressed with, we had loads for ours anyway but I took Cosmo for a wander around the others at one point and OH took Tango out of the ring for a drink at one point too.I haven't ever been to such a busy show either but it was all good natured in the main (although Cosmo had his tail bitten by a dog in the ring at one point...)

We enjoyed our day too...just wish we had spoken to all the Dogsey lot.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

10-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Looks like everyone had a great day. Nanuq is beautiful!! Gorgeous face Love the close up pics of him. Big hugs to him from me and doggy kisses from Loki.
ingi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Looks like everyone had a great day. Nanuq is beautiful!! Gorgeous face Love the close up pics of him. Big hugs to him from me and doggy kisses from Loki.
Thanks Brandykins Nanuq sends doggy kisses back to Loki.

[IMG][/IMG]

magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Kismet meets Nanuq

Watch out Jacub, there could be competition

Bizkit and Pharaoh despite being on their best behaviour didn't win a thing

Selkie with her new best friend in the Child Handler class

It was such a hot hot hot day... Glad I brought my green sun brollie

Wish we had made a point to meet up with more dogsey dogs though ...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >