Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2015, 02:47 AM

I'm Curious About This Dog Behavior...

Usually at the same time every morning the same dogs are let out in their yards. Me and hubby work late night so we're usually still trying to sleep. But I was wondering what goes through our dog's minds? It seems to be the time of day when they have like the canine communication line. A bark will come from outside and all the dogs will answer.

Callie will sit looking out the window and make the most dreadful growls. His hackles will go up...yet if you pet him he'll wag his tail and look back at you smiling. Then go back to making ungodly noises at the window. Sophie stands at a nearby window or wall and does her machine gun BARKBARKBARK BARKBARKBARK. What are they doing actually?
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2015, 06:29 AM
My dogs do something similar. Every morning when I let them out, the first thing they do, before they toilet, is to run to the gate and stand and bark for a few minutes to let the rest of the world know they're up and about.

Something that took me time to get used to when I first came to live in Hungary was, when you walk down a strange road, the way the dogs will bark at you as you go past every house. Partly I think to warn you and partly to let the dog in the next property know a stranger is passing! And of course, my two being Hungarian, do the same thing!