Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So why the need to be sarcastic , if you agree with me

Yep agree, it happens everywhere, but the video is not about gundog training, its about .Schutzhund and how some "stereo typical males" like to act,

Cannot see any sarcasm in my post, perhaps you would like to point it out?

No this video is NOT about Schutzhund, it is about DOG ABUSE.

If you see somebody beat a dog in the park, does that tell you about pet ownership or does it inform you about the behaviour of one individual.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
The guy who posted this link elsewhere, and was absolutely appalled by this behaviour, also trains his dogs in schutzhund and is a security dog handler.

It is easy to tar all with the same brush, but not usually fair.
i`m sure the dogs don`t think its fair either, being in the hands of such people, I am sure there are some nice people in this sport , as with others, but this particular sport seems to attract a certion type of male....from what I have seen on the web and from meeting some involved in this sport.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Cannot see any sarcasm in my post, perhaps you would like to point it out?

No this video is NOT about Schutzhund, it is about DOG ABUSE.

If you see somebody beat a dog in the park, does that tell you about pet ownership or does it inform you about the behaviour of one individual.
if I see someone beating a dog in a park, surrounded by others, also holding sticks and watching ,then I tar them ALL with abuse.

P.S..........i am sure you cant see the sarcasm
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 08:44 AM
i`m sure the dogs don`t think its fair either, being in the hands of such people, I am sure there are some nice people in this sport , as with others, but this particular sport seems to attract a certion type of male....from what I have seen on the web and from meeting some involved in this sport.
I have met Neanderthals in both sexes and in all sports. I do not assume that they are representative of their sex or the discipline.

These people exist in all walks of life, some of them are actually parents...............................

There are plenty of lovely people in Schutzhund who train effectively without the need to abuse their dogs.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 08:46 AM
if I see someone beating a dog in a park, surrounded by others, also holding sticks and watching ,then I tar them ALL with abuse.

P.S..........i am sure you cant see the sarcasm

Of course you do, and as I said, the members of this club and this individual do not object because of course anyone who did object to this sort of behaviour would not be a member of the club would they?

It would be like expecting to see Christians at a Satanist meeting.

Why the surprise?

It does not mean that THIS individual and THIS club are representative of either MEN, MALINOIS, or SCHUTZHUND.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2012, 08:46 AM
I have met Neanderthals in both sexes and in all sports. I do not assume that they are representative of their sex or the discipline.

These people exist in all walks of life, some of them are actually parents...............................

There are plenty of lovely people in Schutzhund who train effectively without the need to abuse their dogs.
I`n sure there are .
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I`n sure there are .
Hallelujah!

Bigotry is neither constructive or fair.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Of course you do, and as I said, the members of this club and this individual do not object because of course anyone who did object to this sort of behaviour would not be a member of the club would they?

It would be like expecting to see Christians at a Satanist meeting.

Why the surprise?

It does not mean that THIS individual and THIS club are representative of either MEN, MALINOIS, or SCHUTZHUND.

Well you only have to take a look around youtube to see representatives of the sport, using other means of abuse to train their dogs, the amount of e.collars used for instance, or is that a lesser abuse,.

I guess they all must belong to the same club then
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Hallelujah!

Bigotry is neither constructive or fair.
A lightbulb moment mind I did switch it on for you earlier...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Well you only have to take a look around youtube to see representatives of the sport, using other means of abuse to train their dogs, the amount of e.collars used for instance, or is that a lesser abuse,.

I guess they all must belong to the same club then
Yep and you only have to look around youtube to find all sorts of ghastly things in agility, gundog training, obedience, pet training etc etc

The same is true of paedophilia, does that mean paedophiles are representative of the human race using your logic?

You can find anything you want on Youtube, you can also find LOT of footage of Schutzhund being trained with positive reinforcement.

What one focuses on reveals more about your outlook in life.
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »