Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'd much rather we were heading towards most of Europe where dogs are accepted in most places without raised eyebrows than towards the American way.
Totally agree Hali. The idea of US-style dog parks makes me shudder - yuk!
sbt4eva
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Moobli,the pics are priceless.
The last one with your wee lad and your dog walking side by side is beautiful..i love it.x
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Just show them a link to this thread. That'll put um' in an early grave.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Kids and dogs....the perfect match if both are taught how to communicate with each other and taught manners.

There is nothing that makes my heart smile as much as when I see my son cuddled up with one of the dogs, gently stroking them and reading/watching tv or just talking to them. Nothing quite like it.

Ignore them. Pity them. Pity their kids who will never know the friendship and joy a dog can bring.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Sorry you are having a hard time on the mums forum Dani (which forum is it, as I would like to add my twopennyworth!?)

All the photos so far are fabulous. I love seeing children with dogs. I couldn't have a dog as a child so spent all my free time walking dogs in the village where I grew up and longing for a dog of my own. I think Ben (my son) is soooo lucky to be able to grow up surrounded by my (and hubby's) dogs. I would have killed for a childhood like his

Dogs bring an awful lot into a child's life - companionship, a playmate, a protector and guardian, the child learns about responsibility, how to care for another being and about life and death. Studies have shown that children who grow up with pets suffer less allergies than children who don't. The positives far outweigh any negatives as far as I am concerned and as long as child and dog are taught to respect each other then they are the best of friends and accidents are avoided.

Yes.......good idea...lets all join the forum!!!! PM me Dani!!!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 03:24 PM
love the pics but since that dogs attacked his owner while in his sleep i wouldnt let them sleep near one another
ATD x
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 03:44 PM
What a bunch of muppets, I feel sorry for their children and what they are missing out on...

sbt4eva
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
love the pics but since that dogs attacked his owner while in his sleep i wouldnt let them sleep near one another
ATD x
Was that the greyhound that chewed the owners nose?
I have two in with me every nite,have done for over 30yrs.The only thing that they do is nick the duvet,whilst that attack was whilst dog was in bed,its the only one ive personaly heard of.Sure i saw a vet or trainer on morn tv saying that the dog probarly was dreaming or something.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by sbt4eva View Post
Was that the greyhound that chewed the owners nose?
I have two in with me every nite,have done for over 30yrs.The only thing that they do is nick the duvet,whilst that attack was whilst dog was in bed,its the only one ive personaly heard of.Sure i saw a vet or trainer on morn tv saying that the dog probarly was dreaming or something.
I couldnt remeber what breed of dog it was. Yer thats what i heard it was dreaming no way the dogs fault, hence why i wouldnt risk it with a child.
ATD x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2009, 05:21 PM
OMG! I have read some of the responses on the mums forum about keeping dogs and children (am still ploughing through the replies!) and some of the comments are absolutely unbelievable - basically inferring that if you have young children and also have a dog then you are an irresponsible lunatic I can see I am going to have to try to keep my temper in check
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »