Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Me too VB.....shocked and quite gob smacked.

Makes you think...its not the dangers of cars, traps, trains etc., that cats need to be watchful of.....its some humans that worry me more
Just curious.... I haven't read any of this thread just decided to chime in. What are the humans going to do to the cat?

I know it was my dogs I was worried about.

and youngstevie I wish there was more cats like you.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jpepper View Post
Just curious.... I haven't read any of this thread just decided to chime in. What are the humans going to do to the cat?

I know it was my dogs I was worried about.
I think you need to read the thread

All the cat owners on here (me included) are sensible!
We all have out pets neutered etc.

My own cats only go out when I am at home, and are locked inside after dark, they only stay in my garden, and come back inside to poop in their litter tray!

As for what humans do to cats....I've heard a lot about cats getting shot with air rifles, people being generally cruel - drowning them etc. Same as with dogs I guess.
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 09:57 PM
The biggest problem we have over here IMO is peoples dogs getting shot with no regards for the owner. A dog will run a hog for miles and end up on somebody property doing their job and the land owner will shoot the dog no questions asked and then sell the tracking collars which generally run quite a bit of money. I've seen dogs get it 10x worse then cats but that is my opinion.

And I'll make it a point to read this thread so I'm not so out of the loop on whos talking to who or about what lol.

I know a bunch of cat owners who do not fix their cats same as dogs..... We already have hogs reproducing every 3 months and tearing up crops don't need any other nuisances! Is it law over there to do so? I know it is not here.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Just so you know trash breaking is a hunting term. Not literally getting into the trash.

You're also from the UK as to where I'm from the US. Completely different worlds so how could you compare?

You can break a dog from getting after the cows or into the chicken coops but you can't do the same for a cat. At least I haven't seen any. It's natural for a cat to kill a bird.

I don't mind the cats who hunt the field mice same as the snakes their good to keep around..... But the house cats who come a stray and get into the chicken coops that is uncalled for.
Well this is a forum in England so yes trash to us is rubbish.
Not ALL cats hunt, I have 3 adults here that never bother, I have had my son's 2 cockerteils here whilst he was on holiday and they didn't bat an eyelid, so maybe the ones you have come into your chicken coops are and not well fed.
My cats will lie in the chicken coop....sleeping, my chickens step over them.

I am only too thankful that the neighbours I have are real animal lovers, and don't complain, have their dogs chasing or harming cats, infact they are quite the opposite and they know their cat comes in our garden....free from harm....and I have 4 dogs, who know better than to catch cats...and Im PROUD they do too
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 09:58 PM
The biggest problem we have over here IMO is peoples dogs getting shot with no regards for the owner. A dog will run a hog for miles and end up on somebody property doing their job and the land owner will shoot the dog no questions asked and then sell the tracking collars which generally run quite a bit of money. I've seen dogs get it 10x worse then cats but that is my opinion.
We don't have that problem, as we don't generally have wild hogs
Plus our land is generally fenced off, not not many ways for a dog to get onto someones property.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I think you need to read the thread

All the cat owners on here (me included) are sensible!
We all have out pets neutered etc.

My own cats only go out when I am at home, and are locked inside after dark, they only stay in my garden, and come back inside to poop in their litter tray!

As for what humans do to cats....I've heard a lot about cats getting shot with air rifles, people being generally cruel - drowning them etc. Same as with dogs I guess.
Excellently put, same here too xx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Just so you know trash breaking is a hunting term. Not literally getting into the trash.*

You're also from the UK as to where I'm from the US. Completely different worlds so how could you compare?

You can break a dog from getting after the cows or into the chicken coops but you can't do the same for a cat. At least I haven't seen any. It's natural for a cat to kill a bird.

I don't mind the cats who hunt the field mice same as the snakes their good to keep around..... But the house cats who come a stray and get into the chicken coops that is uncalled for.

Exactly how can 'you' compare to how things are in the UK/Ireland to where you are

* I think Mark Twain says it far better than I ever could

""Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable. *Of the entire brood, he is the one who possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong, proves his moral inferiority to any creature that can not."
Mark Twain
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 10:02 PM

And I'll make it a point to read this thread so I'm not so out of the loop on whos talking to who or about what lol.

I know a bunch of cat owners who do not fix their cats same as dogs..... We already have hogs reproducing every 3 months and tearing up crops don't need any other nuisances! Is it law over there to do so? I know it is not here.
We don't have hogs..............and the only time your dog would be shot over here was if you allowed them to be on farm land and worrying livestock...then the farmer would be very upset and shoot it
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Exactly how can 'you' compare to how things are in the UK/Ireland to where you are

* I think Mark Twain says it far better than I ever could

""Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable. *Of the entire brood, he is the one who possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong, proves his moral inferiority to any creature that can not."
Mark Twain
No comment. If you can't see the differences in two different countries no point in debating any further.
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
We don't have hogs..............and the only time your dog would be shot over here was if you allowed them to be on farm land and worrying livestock...then the farmer would be very upset and shoot it
That is the difference. I'm on a farm!!!!!! Only thing separating my property from another is possibly the main road and some barbed wire fence all the way around each side of the property.

And it's not like I've got my dogs out searching the many acres of land that I own for peoples pet cats. No. Instead I tie my dogs down to 30' leads in the yard so keep them away which I used to not do and they would stay in kennels/
Page 18 of 23 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »