Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2008, 03:03 AM

cure for insomnia

does anyone have a cure for insomnia for the last couple of weeks im waking up 2.30/3 am and cannot get back to sleep . i cime downstairs as not to disturb hubby as he works but the dogs are getting used to me being up and letting them out which i dont want them getting into a habit of going out for a wee at 3 in the morning!

ive tried hot drinks, jsut cannot relax enough and yes have always had a stressful life BUT I NEED MY SLEEP any ideas would be gratefully recieved
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 03:41 AM
A sledgehammer?
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 03:59 AM
Join the club I've been up since 3 lets just say husband has a snoring problem Just made another cup of tea dogshave been out for a wee so I think I'll go and watch the news

Jeanette
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 04:02 AM
A sledgehammer for the husband?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Drink less tea/coffee through the day,my oh tried calms for stress relief and he said they work.If they work with him they'll work for anyone

Think of it this way too.You mentioned you don't want your dogs to get used to getting up and out at that time every night.Sounds like it's happened to yourself, your body has got into a bad habit you need to stop getting up and about,try to go back to sleep.Either that something might be waking you up,I have a neighbour who leaves for work at 4am when his shift changes,it's a right royal pita.I never realised it was him waking me up until I got into such a habit I was up before him and heard him rev his van up

Good luck and hope you get into a better routine sooner rather than later,xxxxxxxxx
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2008, 08:42 AM
i only drink decaf tea and i try to not eat and drink late . i dont have any probs with getting to sleep, and unfort for hubby its ME who snores!!! i might try some herbal medicine my son got prescribed melatonian to help him sleep (i took it as well and it worked for me) but its only on precrip cos its not licensed in this country i think its just stress and dont know how to get rid of that. so ill expect ill be back on tom morning very early again!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
A sledgehammer for the husband?

I suffer, I have tried almost everything but I still cant get no sleep I feel like death most days
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 09:39 AM
I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work for me. I usually toss and turn then get up and have a hot milky drink sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I even get to chat to the milkman sometimes. I don't let the dog out though, as I was afraid it might start him expecting it. Hope someone can come along with a cure, I think there will be a lot of us trying it.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
i only drink decaf tea and i try to not eat and drink late . i dont have any probs with getting to sleep, and unfort for hubby its ME who snores!!! i might try some herbal medicine my son got prescribed melatonian to help him sleep (i took it as well and it worked for me) but its only on precrip cos its not licensed in this country i think its just stress and dont know how to get rid of that. so ill expect ill be back on tom morning very early again!!

You can get Melatonin in the UK & it's not a POM
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Cut the caffeine, ideally after 2pm in the afternoon.

Spend at least an hour before bed doing nothing other than relaxing.

Try not to eat late in the evening.

Good luck have suffered with this on/off for a while x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >