Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2012, 05:45 AM

Oh B****r !!!!

Had a horrible day at Three Counties CH show yesterday - firstly my normally 'bombproof' youngster went totally to pieces when our judge grabbed his testicles ( the dog's not the judge's LOL ) and subsequently would let NO-ONE near his rear end - and then when I went back to the car park to go home I found some kind soul had reversed into my new van and cracked the front bumper - gee thanks a lot -of course they left no note so that's my no claims bonus gone ( I'll have to claim as the damage is quite extensive ).

To be honest I'm more upset by the state my pup is in - I'm hoping he'll get over it with a bit of extra training but WHY do judges have to grapple with a dogs rear end as if they're prospecting for gold
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 06:27 AM
I hope your pup gets over this. I have had issues with one of my boys which rears it's head from time to time thanks to a rough judge.

Annoying about the car too, I was glad I hadn't entered in view of the conditions.
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Aww so sorry about your boy - hope he gets over it soon, guess lots of practise at ring craft with others going over him without touching his bits and when he feels comfortable to then add the checking of bits.

Oooh I'd feel a report to the dog paper going in re damage to your van. Maybe someone witnessed the accident and can advise who did the damage.
I hope karma comes round to bite them on the bum hard.
Some sadly don't have any morals these days
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Its all a pup needs to put him off. Persevere, he will be fine Im sure. My pup had a nasty experience on the benches when he was just 6 months. Took me weeks, but we are there now and he is just fine.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Bummer and Bumper.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Bea got spooked and had a bad day when she was just 6/7 months at a show,I left it a while and practiced /continued taking her to ringcraft,she had her first Two shows of the year this week since then and really surprised me,nothing phased her and she was pretty much back to normal,Hope he gets over it ok