Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bethie
New Member!
Female 

14-01-2011, 09:01 PM

Lump on injection site!

Hi I have a 9year old GSP girl. two weeks ago she was attacked by another dog. She had to undergo GA to be stitched up & had a penrose drain inserted. This drain was removed after 7 days but at the site of the bite there is a huge lump of fluid. Also she has a lump on her neck from the anti biotic & anti inflammatory injection. The vet has seen these & says they will go down in time. Has anyones dog had this sort of after affect? If so how long did it take for the swellings to go down? Thanks.
She is due to see the vet again on the 27th Jan .
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Hi there, and whilst I don't know about the bite site lump, I did indeed have similar anxieties after Jimmi had an antibiotic injection into his neck a little while ago.

The lump was huge, and alarming - but it gradually went down over a period of a few days, and after about a week or so had completely gone.

Hope this helps
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Yes, I've seen this before. Years ago I used to get a dog injected to stop her coming into season (she couldn't be spayed) and the injection, apparently, was very oily. She had a lump come up every time but it always went down after @ 10 days. I was most impressed when the kennels where she boarded phoned me to ask what the lump was (she was a very hairy dog).

I've also seen it after other injections, so I'm sure your dog's will go down.