View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Spare a thought for a couple of rescues.

We have 3 doodles come in weekend before last. One, a girlie, was very matted and had been shut in a stable and/or a car. When we took her coat off she had an abcess under one of her front legs which had spread down her leg. Off to the vets and the poor girl had blood poisoning (not sure what would have happened if she'd not been collected when she had). The vet suspects that the abcess was due to a rat bite. Anyway she seemingly got better and her temperature went down only to shoot up at the weekend to 105 where she required more emergency tretment. Fortunately her temp is now down and she is eating and drinking well. Once she is fully recovered she will be spayed then rehomed.
Another one who came in at the same time is currently at the vets having his hips x-rayed as he was supposedly diagnosed with hip dysplasia before he was a year old and has been on pain killers ever since (about 6 months ). He has had little or no exercise resulting in a complete lack of muscle to his back end and legs. He's had no pain killers since he has been with us and has shown no sign of pain so we are hoping he has reasonably clear x-rays as someone is already interested in him (yipeee!)
On sunday someone handed in their little poodle. He had this huge lump on his neck which they said was as a result of an injection because he was yelping and the vet couldn't find anything wrong so just gave him a couple of jabs of anti-inflammatory a week apart. They said they could no longer afford to keep him (that's another story as they had an 08 car and were very matter of fact handing him over). Anyway turns out this was over a month ago and the huge lump on his neck was an abcess, we are talking a very small dog with an abcess the size of an egg on his neck for about a month. When we checked his teeth they were just one solid mass of tartar. He had his abcess lanced and his teeth cleaned yesterday of which 10 had to be removed (and he isn't that old). He is nothing but skin and bone, they said he wouldn't eat but with his teeth like they were I'm not surprised. He's eating and drinking now and he too has a home lined up for when his abcess is healed, it's open and smelly at the moment! Got to give it a flush. (he has spent most of the time he has been here on my lap
So spare a thought for these and send them some good vibes to get well and rehomed asap please.
Becky
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
some dogs are just so unlucky and some people are complete pillocks!

lots of thoughts for them from all here with 4 feet and 2

rune
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Well done in rescuing them, I hope they all get a home forever that they deserve.
If I lived closer I'd be coming to pinch one or two off you

Hope they all pull through xxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Sometimes it can be so depressing to see the state of some of the dogs that come into rescue.

But at least these are the 'lucky' ones in that they have been saved and will hopefully now have the chance at a happy life.

Fingers crossed that they all recover well and are soon adopted.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 11:41 AM
The worst bit is seeing the state some dogs are in when they come into rescue.........

The best bit is watching them regain their health and their love of life.

I wish them all the best in their search for a 'forever home'. Thank goodness they are in the right place now

Take good care.

Seoniad.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2009, 11:51 AM
It's awful to say but nothing that I read regarding peoples ill treatment of animals surprises me much anymore.

I'm so pleased they are safe and well with you and hope that they find the wonderful homes they deserve.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Awww the poor pups, good rehoming vibes being sent your way
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
They are the lucky ones....thank heaven for people like you.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 02:31 PM
That's really awful . It's just too easy to get dogs . Some of the people who get these "so called designer dogs " are only looking for a fashion accessory . Once it becomes apparent having it might actually involve some work they don't want to know .
Poor dogs I hope they get great homes and live long and happy lives
logan44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Healing thoughts and vibes sent for a speedy recovery for these poor dogs

Hope they all find their forever homes soons x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >