View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 08:35 PM

Dogsey power needed to help team Puppy Power please!!

Hi everyone

Hope you are all well

Me, Quinn the Northern Inuit and 3 human friends are participating in a charity banger rally this August. Quinn is the first canine ever to do the event. We are raising money for a little known charity called gemin-i.org.

Basically the challenge is to drive an old banger costing less than £250.00 from Rouen in Northern France to Cabo Da Roca in western Portugal over the August bank holiday. We are increasing the challenge in that not only do we have to drive there but also BACK again as well! We will end up covering over 10,000km!!!!

We have no mechanics with us either!!

Here are a couple of photos of our vehicle named Big Burtha. She will be getting a facelift before the rally!! And one of Quinn

So if anyone would like to sponsor us we would be super super grateful and love you forever! We will be setting up our own website and blog so you can follow us daily on our rally as well as all the trials and tribulations leading up to the rally!

link to donate http://www.justgiving.com/puppypower
more info on the charity http://www.gemin-i.org
more info on the rally http://www.sucatarun.com
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Woohoo, way to go Quinny, globetrotter extrordinaire, your all very brave Kris, well done for having a go, I wouldnt dare lol, also have to say, Big Burtha is spot on compared to some of the old bangers Ive had lol, i will def be donating on pay day, hope you get lots of sponsors
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 09:35 PM
HAHA, just read the retarded dog bit,poor Quinny wiggles
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 11:50 PM
LOL Thanks Sue. Well he is a bit of a retard lol but in the most softest, funniest and lovable way! He is always making me laugh!! x
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Quinny now has his passport so he is all set to go rallying!! YAY! Come on everyone we do desperately need sponsoring!! Please!! x
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone,

This summer Quinny and I are participating in a rather different kind of fundrasing event. The event runs over the August bank holiday (27th- 31st) although we will continue it beyond that until September 5/6th. The event is called the 'Sucata Run' and involves driving banger cars through Europe. The cars have to be worth less than £250 so they truely are 'bangers'.

We would really appreciate if you would sponsor us, even if it is just a pound - as every little helps. If you are the type of person who will happily sponsor us without knowing more then please go straight to www.justgiving.com/puppypower however if you would like to know more about this weird and wonderful fundraising event please continue reading......

This is not an easy challenge, none of us are mechanically trained or even minded! None of the team speak spanish or portugese and even the small amount of french we can manage between us is somewhat limited. Our vehicle was bought via ebay and although it has now passed its MOT we have no idea how well it will run in the summer heat or in the conditions we will put it under! We will aim to cover over 5000km in 10 days. Thats no small feat in itself but we will be doing it in an old banger, through europe, in the middle of the summer, without speaking the language and hoping that the air con wont pack up!

Our intrepid team consists of Big Burtha, Captain Pain, Slinky, The Northerner, Special Spandex and Quinny the Dustbin. Big Burtha is our (hopefully) reliable and dependable, ebay purchased, 1995 Toyota Previa MPV. Captain Pain is Fiona Morgan - Team Captain and instigator of this crazy idea. Slinky is Kristina Ledger (thats me!) - second in command and first to think this crazy idea was a good one! The Northerner is Steve Matthews - our resident computer bloke who likes to tinker with cars but seems to just take them apart and never put them back together.... Oh yes and he is from the north, hense the nickname! Special Spandex is Mark Hitchcock - the other geek of the group (blame Steve and Mark for the impressiveness or lack thereof for our website!) and also the muscle who has had dreams about fundraising in spandex and enjoys pretending he is 'special'. And finally (and possible most importantly?!) we have Quinny the Dustin aka Quinn. Our very unique and special Northern Inuit team mascot. And the first canine ever to participate in the event. Unfortunately we are unable to get him on the insurance so he wont be taking turns at driving.

Our team theme is 'Scooby Doo' so Burtha will be getting a facelift and be transformed into the Mystery Machine. The 4 human team members will be in fancy dress as Shaggy, Daphne, Velma and Fred and Quinn will of course take the place of Scooby Doo!!!! We will be wearing our costumes for the duration of the official Sucata run (Rouen to Cabo Da Roca).

Ok now the important stuff about WHY we are doing this!!! The charity we are raising money for is a UK based charity called Gemin-i.org and they work to improve education in over 90 countries around the world. The money raised by the Sucata Run this year will be used to run a project to raise the awareness of Malaria. Students from over 100 schools around the world will be able to explore the topic using the case study of Sierra Leone where Malaria is the single biggest killer of children under the age of 5. They will explore the reasons why so many people still die from Malaria and what is being done by humanitarian aid agencies to prevent this. Every £1000 raised by the teams taking part in the Rally will pay for 5 schools to take part inthe project. The more money we can raise, the more schools we can involve and the bigger the impact we can have against the fight against Malaria.

You will hopefully be able to follow our progress on the rally daily via our webpage which is currently being built. We will be including a daily blog from each member, numerous photos of our mishaps and you will be able to follow us on our route and see where we have got to. You never know you may even be able to laugh at the odd video of our adventures! Meanwhile please feel free to join our [a social network] group to see regular updates of how we are doing!

So while we realise that the current credit crunch is hitting everyone really hard we would really really appreciate it if you would sponsor and support us on this crazy adventure! So please spare 5 mins of your time and some of your hard earned money and visit www.justgiving.com/puppypower now to help us on our fundraising target!

Big licks from Quinny for everyone who donates!!! (or big licks from Quinny if you dont donate too depending on whether you like doggy kisses or not!!) and many many thanks from me xxx
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Bump!! We still need lots more sponsors please! And if anyone has a business that would like to purchase advertising space on the vehicle please just send me an email x