Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:13 PM

Absolute Cretin on the dog's walk

My mum took the dogs out for me this afternoon and came home fuming.
What she told me, actually made me cry...

She was at the park when a tiny black puppy with big floppy ears came running down to see our two dogs. Eddy hates puppies and ran growling so mum called him back and put his lead on.

The owner was at the top of the hill calling the little puppy but the pup didn't go to him. Him and another man came down the hill to where my mum was and mum explained that Eddy had only growled but not hurt the puppy.

The man replied 'yeah I know - but it's pissing me off now'. With that, he picked the puppy up, smacked it around the head two or three times and threw it across the park. I don't mean threw it to the ground - I mean chucked it across the park.

There was nothing my mum could do - they were two big blokes and if she'd have tried to get the puppy Eddy would've had a go at it anyway.

I just wish there was something she could've done - she says she wishes she'd taken it but at the time, she just didn't feel safe doing so.
What happens the next time that pup doesn't come when called - which, it inevitably won't

We don't even know whereabouts they live so can't report them...
I hope they come across someone bigger than them who doesn't like the way they're treating that pup either...

I think I may have to walk around that area with my rather large set friend for a while...

That poor puppy
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Poor puppy. I can't say anymore Lottie, too upset.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:23 PM
What a shame, don't think there was anything your mum could do really, the men were obviously morons.
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:24 PM
it's just to disgusting for words. Heartbreaking.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:26 PM
That's terrible, can't find words to say how I feel about that .......
Woody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:27 PM
May be worth mentioning this incident to your local dog warden, someone else may have seen these morons mistreat the puppy before and the dog warden is aware of them and may know where they live

Woody
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks for that Woody - I'll ask mum to contact them as I didn't witness it.

She told me this much earlier - but like you lot, I was too upset and shocked to say anything.

I've seen people around here hit dogs - and had to bite my tongue for fear of getting smacked (all much bigger than me!) but never expected us to witness something like that.

I just can't help thinking where that poor puppy is now and if it's ok... it breaks my heart to think of it so frightened (and quite possibly hurt).

There was nothing mum could do but she still wishes she'd taken it with her.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh that poor little puppy people like that make me sick! What I wouldn't give to be able to whack them round the head and throw them across the park

Sorry Lottie I'm just too upset and angry for words right now
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 08:53 PM
That's awful Lottie

How can grown humans be so cruel? !

I agree with contacting the dog warden. Hopefully if the owners are getting annoyed with the pup they may sell it ... if so I hope so much he/she gets akinder home...

Wys
x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I'll ask her to phone tomorrow... they may well be a regular on that park as it's quite close to a residential area that they may have come from.

I still can't get over it... I just keep thinking of that poor pup.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >