Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by gaznweebeasties View Post
i know its not much but he has got to deal with the fact that his neice is dead because of him

i think thats a lot worse than any sentence they could have given him
I don't believe for one second he actually gives what happened a seconds thought, sometime after his niece was killed he was seen laughing and joking about it with friends don't sound like the kind of person that has a conscience to me he should have been locked up and had the key thrown away, forever. The sentence passed on him is a joke and a complete waste of time knowing he will be free within a few weeks it stinks. I've known people get a lot longer for petty crimes where no-ones life has been lost.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2007, 03:55 PM
The bloke delt in drugs so no doubt has ruined countless lives, he will be upset the his neice died but I would say thats because one of his victims this time had a face unlike the people whos live have been ruined through drugs.
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-05-2007, 08:31 AM
i dont condone anything that he's done and i think he should have received a harsher penalty but to say this wont affect him because he fits a stereotype is very naive imo
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-05-2007, 08:40 AM
i dont condone anything that he's done and i think he should have received a harsher penalty but to say this wont affect him because he fits a stereotype is very naive imo
Like I said, it probably will effect him, but that does not warrant any form of sympathy from anybody. He deserves the pain he will feel for the rest of his life. My sympathy is reserved for Ellie and her parents.
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-05-2007, 08:50 AM
i know its not much but he has got to deal with the fact that his neice is dead because of him

i think thats a lot worse than any sentence they could have given him
this was my first post and im sorry but i cant see how its sympathetic

i dont think he got punished fairly but i was merely pointing out that he will have to carry this round with him forever and that is a punishment in itself
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-05-2007, 09:12 AM
this was my first post and im sorry but i cant see how its sympathetic

i dont think he got punished fairly but i was merely pointing out that he will have to carry this round with him forever and that is a punishment in itself
I agree it is a punishment, but I also agree that it is no concellation. I just think the issues he has to deal with and the way he feels about things is not worthy of consideration because quite frankly I couldn't care less how he feels.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2007, 09:25 AM
What was more worrying is that when I heard he had received an eight week sentence, I didn't find it surprising in the least. I seem to have subconsciously come to accept that our justice system is so perverse and unfair.

What message does this send out to those people who knowingly own vicious dogs, I wonder? Worrying.
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I agree it is a punishment, but I also agree that it is no concellation. I just think the issues he has to deal with and the way he feels about things is not worthy of consideration because quite frankly I couldn't care less how he feels.
fair enough, just wanted to make sure that people didnt think i was supporting this guy thats all
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-05-2007, 03:11 PM
fair enough, just wanted to make sure that people didnt think i was supporting this guy thats all
I didn't read your post that way, and in a way what you are saying is true, he will always remember the events, in latter life that may just possibly be a burden to him, but as others have said he has in his life up to now been callous and uncaring. Just consider how he reacted when his own sister was injured, never mind all the other things.
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Very good point Losos. He knew this dog attacked his own sister, and instead of doing what any sensible person would have done, he hung on to the dog looking for some other undesirable to palm him off on. He couldn't even do that, which ended in his niece dying. Its not as if this was unforseen.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >