Male 

16-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Belly gonna get you (6 weeks in)

More pics to follow soon.............
spot
Dogsey Veteran

16-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Really? You go right ahead, and when us "none believers" see cause for concern we will continue to tell people just how irresponsible they have been and how morally and ethically wrong they were, and you?, you can tell them how pink and fluffy it is, yes?

The other thread was seriously off track almost promoting what had gone on, it was a disgrace and still is. Sadly some people really arent bothered about dogs, they see them as something to gain money from, I am so pleased that I dont fit into that category thank you..
I find this very confusing! You slate breeders for breeding under age dogs in this case but it goes on in other breeds but you have no problem with that.

You slate people for breeding dogs for money yet support the biggest industry that promotes this?

You say as a breeder, if you do, you will always take a pup back and that as an ethical breeder thats what should happen, yet support breeders that never have any intention of doing this.

Im confused - what does an ethical breeder mean to you? Should every breeder take back a dog that is no longer wanted and care for it for the rest of its life or not?
Is it ok for them to be dumped in to rescue or taken up the road for a bolt - would you as a potential breeder be happy for that to happen for the pups you produce?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Why are you bringing Greyhound racing into this Spot, take it elsewhere!!! I dont breed Greyhounds! Is it because I have ignored the thread? Sorry not biting!! Nor have I slated THIS person!! Why dont you post your arguments on the breeding thread if it means that much to you, because no matter wht I consider ethical in my breeding practices, Ill never stop loving greyhound racing!!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

17-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Ignored this thread? what with seven or eight responses to it?
Who mentioned greyhound racing? Not me I just wondered what you were slating some breeders practices for when you support it in other areas - not a breed thing is it?

Its just you do seem to go off on one with some people breeding dogs in unethical ways but excuse it for others. Maybe you can explain that to those that you do have a go at for breeding under age dogs, breeding too many litters or father over 100's of litters, it migh make you have more credibilty?

You can love greyhounding racing and all it involves all you like but come on how can you slag byb's in one sentence but support a form of puppy farming in another?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Your hypocracy astounds me!!!! You are such an animal lover, that you upset breeders and hound them off their own thread because you care so much for the welfare of dogs. Yeah, until it comes to getting down the track and watching some Greyhounds run their guts out for your entertainment, knowing that the vast majority of these poor babies will be "dumped" when their racing days are done. I said earlier that you're in a different world to me - well, you most certainly are!

As for me getting off my high horse, how am I to know you are talking about another thread when you are posting on this one - try to keep on topic - I'm not a mind reader.

You are now backtracking and saying that the Thread Starter is "genuine" - if that is so, then why did you involve yourself on the BULLY BANDWAGON when Westie put in her views! Didn't you say you would have "aborted" an unplanned, crossbred litter at 28 days or something like that. I think that sentence says it all!

I am well-aware that you are pointing most of your nastiness toward me borderdawn. I've come across people like you before and you don't like to lose an argument do you? Me, I have never bred "irresponsibly" so you can't have me for that. I just won't stand by and let people be bullied. Having said that, this Thread Starter isn't going anywhere, which is such good news!

At the end of the day, I haven't done anything wrong, just stood up for what I believe is right, that peoples' threads shouldn't be hijacked by others. If you don't agree with something, speak your mind, I'm all for that (you probably noticed ) but don't take over the whole thread with your constant attack on me. There really is no point. You don't like that I have opposed you. Too bad. You'll have to live with it!

Now, for goodness sake, let this thread get back on topic

Chi-Owner, you're girl looks as if she could be having a few pups there. Have you got any feelings as to whether it is a large litter? It must be so exciting, knowing that you can keep all the pups. That's the one thing that worries me about breeding, would I be able to part with any of the pups????? I don't know if I could. Like you though, I have a large home and good sized garden, live nextdoor to an open field so, hey, why not add a few more Chis to my collection, if I get a chance. The more the merrier, I say

Do keep us posted with all the news
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Ignored this thread? what with seven or eight responses to it?
Who mentioned greyhound racing? Not me I just wondered what you were slating some breeders practices for when you support it in other areas - not a breed thing is it?

Its just you do seem to go off on one with some people breeding dogs in unethical ways but excuse it for others. Maybe you can explain that to those that you do have a go at for breeding under age dogs, breeding too many litters or father over 100's of litters, it migh make you have more credibilty?

You can love greyhounding racing and all it involves all you like but come on how can you slag byb's in one sentence but support a form of puppy farming in another?
Ignoring the racing thread and you know that! I see nobody is answering the questions for you and I think you are geting fraught.

Ill say this again for you and ChCh too. I LOVE Greyhound racing and the last time I looked they are not pets they are animals bred to do a job, yes? I dont know of any that have been bred under a year old though!!! I appreciate you dont like it and its the main stay of your posts on here, fine, thats up to you, but you wnt change my mind at all whatsoever. I like the breed, and there are some treated very unfairly but Im happy with my part in it thanks.

If that makes me a hypocrite, FINE, I can live with that! I have no issues at all with it, they are not peoples pets being used to bring income, their owners do not claim to be loving them and they be their "babies" they are a working dog, period. Yes you have an issue with this Spot, fine, I dont and my "ethics" will never make me mate an under age bitch, which AGAIN is NOT in this thread, so you are indeed after an argument as its nothing to do with this thread, but carry on, its fine by me.

Im sorry if you didnt understand this but hopefully you do now.

Your hypocracy astounds me!!!! You are such an animal lover, that you upset breeders and hound them off their own thread because you care so much for the welfare of dogs. Yeah, until it comes to getting down the track and watching some Greyhounds run their guts out for your entertainment, knowing that the vast majority of these poor babies will be "dumped" when their racing days are done. I said earlier that you're in a different world to me - well, you most certainly are!

As for me getting off my high horse, how am I to know you are talking about another thread when you are posting on this one - try to keep on topic - I'm not a mind reader.

You are now backtracking and saying that the Thread Starter is "genuine" - if that is so, then why did you involve yourself on the BULLY BANDWAGON when Westie put in her views! Didn't you say you would have "aborted" an unplanned, crossbred litter at 28 days or something like that. I think that sentence says it all!

I am well-aware that you are pointing most of your nastiness toward me borderdawn. I've come across people like you before and you don't like to lose an argument do you? Me, I have never bred "irresponsibly" so you can't have me for that. I just won't stand by and let people be bullied. Having said that, this Thread Starter isn't going anywhere, which is such good news!

At the end of the day, I haven't done anything wrong, just stood up for what I believe is right, that peoples' threads shouldn't be hijacked by others. If you don't agree with something, speak your mind, I'm all for that (you probably noticed ) but don't take over the whole thread with your constant attack on me. There really is no point. You don't like that I have opposed you. Too bad. You'll have to live with it!

Now, for goodness sake, let this thread get back on topic
Does it? Thank you, appreciated.

Have you mated a puppy? Have you bred from parents that are NOT health tested specifically and intentionally? If so then yes I am aiming my comments towards you, if not, I suggest you read them again and this time a little more slowly!!

I feel for a THIRD time I have to say I have nothing against THIS thread starter (Craig) but of course if you had read the posts properly you'd of seen that wouldnt you.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Borderdawn, anyone can see that you just love an argument. That is fine but when you keep repeating the same old rubbish, it just gets boring .............. yawn!!!!

If you have nothing against Craig and his breeding, then stop provoking people to argue with you. Like I said, I am in no way guilty of any of the things you oppose. You say that you feel Craig has done nothing wrong (even though you say you would have aborted in a similar situation) yet you continue to preach - who to?????????? Don't preach to me ...................... you won't find a more responsible dog owner. You won't find me supporting Greyhound Racing either.

You and Westie brought up ethics on this thread. You now say you have nothing against the Thread Starter and his breeding, so leave it at that. If Westie still has issues, I am sure she can speak for herself.

Many people did not appreciate yours and others' conduct on sj's thread. The mods don't seem to have a problem with such behaviour, which I find surprising but, that is fine by me, so long as they don't let the bullies get the last word and then lock the thread, like they did last time

AGAIN, BACK ON TOPIC:

Craig, how is "mum" this morning. Is she still eating okay? I found my girl got a bit picky towards the end of her pregnancy. I think she's quite clever though and knew I'd start cooking for her if she refused her dog food.

Is she still enjoying a walk or is it getting a little uncomfortable for her now?

By the way, don't know if you are into reading but I read Book of the Bitch by JM Evans and Kay White, which I found really helpful. It covers whelping in great detail and I found it extremely interesting. My Husband got my copy in Pets At Home.

If you have any queries or worries about your girl, please post any question (or PM me) and I can ask my Mentor who has vast experience in breeding Chis and Poodles. She also shows and judges (when I say "judges" I mean at shows not generally ). She would be only too happy to help out and share her experience.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Borderdawn, anyone can see that you just love an argument. That is fine but when you keep repeating the same old rubbish, it just gets boring .............. yawn!!!!
Good morning.
It may be boring but when you have to keep repeating yourself as people do not read the posts, what is one to do? I havent for the FINAL time commented on THIS posters situation, it was YOU that said I was having a go at you, but you dont seem to grasp that which is why I responded, Spot bought up the other thread too, not me again. if thats now clear, perhaps we can move on.

If you have nothing against Craig and his breeding, then stop provoking people to argue with you. Like I said, I am in no way guilty of any of the things you oppose. You say that you feel Craig has done nothing wrong (even though you say you would have aborted in a similar situation) yet you continue to preach - who to?????????? Don't preach to me ...................... you won't find a more responsible dog owner. You won't find me supporting Greyhound Racing either.
Provking, no thats you as I said I havent commented on THIS poster, just you keep bringing it up! I wouldnt expect you to support something you were not in favour of either, I notice ou spoke your mind about that though, just as I did about unethical breeding.
You and Westie brought up ethics on this thread. You now say you have nothing against the Thread Starter and his breeding, so leave it at that. If Westie still has issues, I am sure she can speak for herself.
Im sure she will.

Many people did not appreciate yours and others' conduct on sj's thread. The mods don't seem to have a problem with such behaviour, which I find surprising but, that is fine by me, so long as they don't let the bullies get the last word and then lock the thread, like they did last time
Dont be so childish, for goodness sake. Posting your opinion is perfectly fine, you dont like that opinion, then thats hard luck, you can report posts if you wish, there is nothing stopping you. You have come all guns blazing since, am I moaning about the aggro directed towards me? NO, why? because you are entitled yo your opinion and I appreciate that!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 10:14 AM
So you think it's okay for members to demand other members to display their pet's health test results! That is downright insulting and intrusive! You need to check out what is "giving an opinion" and what is being downright rude and nasty!

Try to stop provoking arguments on this thread and just direct your comments to the TS. Do you have any help or advice to offer? Are you interested in the thread at all? So far you have made a couple of passing comments to the TS and that is it.

PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC. If you have an issue (which you obviously have) with me you can pm anytime. I'd hate to see another thread ruined.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 10:16 AM
See what I mean, now you are bringing other things into THIS thread!!!
Page 5 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »