Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2009, 02:01 PM

dogs- ya gotta love em.

I'm a first time dog owner, my hubby has had them before though. When I stopped working we decided the time was right to get our dog. I admit I wasn't a "doggy" person as such and if I'm totally honest I had no idea how hard it was going to be coping with a mad puppy. I thought I'd have this beautiful well behaved vizsla trotting to heel along side me( Well maybe one day in a few years he might turn into that!) What has surprised me though is how much you can love a dog, he's my pal and loves to "help" me with everything I do Sometimes his help isn't always welcome but he's there to lend a paw. My garden's a waste ground full of holes, my patio windows are covered in puppy spit- window cleaner must taste sooo nice and all i say nowadays is ,get down, stop it, NOOOOOO!! I wouln't be without tough. It can only get better- can't it? please?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 02:13 PM
LOL you remind me of my O/H, he didn't dislike dogs, just didn't want them in his house.

Leon and I have been here for almost a year now and 99% of the time Clive is besotted with him, he occasionally moans about the hair or the smell, (he's been poorly recently and if he gets wet, well you can imagine what a long haired dog smells like ) He used to moan constantly when we first moved in!

We thought we were going to lose Leon on Tuesday, thankfully he is getting better, but Clive was as upset as me...he said he wouldn't want to be without him now
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Glad to hear leon is ok. OZ is laid on my clean bed sheets with a muddy nose after "helping" me in the garden. It's been one of those days!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 02:51 PM
you get use to their helpful ways. The day they aren't there is the day you realise you want the holes in the garden compared to having an empty back yard with no wagging tail, who will sit beside you and tell noone your secrets.....
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Bandi View Post
I'm a first time dog owner, my hubby has had them before though. When I stopped working we decided the time was right to get our dog. I admit I wasn't a "doggy" person as such and if I'm totally honest I had no idea how hard it was going to be coping with a mad puppy. I thought I'd have this beautiful well behaved vizsla trotting to heel along side me( Well maybe one day in a few years he might turn into that!) What has surprised me though is how much you can love a dog, he's my pal and loves to "help" me with everything I do Sometimes his help isn't always welcome but he's there to lend a paw. My garden's a waste ground full of holes, my patio windows are covered in puppy spit- window cleaner must taste sooo nice and all i say nowadays is ,get down, stop it, NOOOOOO!! I wouln't be without tough. It can only get better- can't it? please?
Of course...in about three years.
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Hello-you're right-you do get attached so quickly-enjoy your pup and things can only get better