Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Home Boarding in Scotland ANYONE help PLEASE

Do any of my Scottish friends know a good home boarder for dogs, well Dog singular! in Scotland, preferably one who does single dogs (or any of my non Scots friends too feel free to chip in if you know anyone in Scotland)

We were thinking today about honeymoons, its unlikely Ben can go to some places we are considering - yeah yeah I know we shouldn't be considering them , but if we could find a good home boarder! & NO kennels are not an option! (no offence to anyone who does kennel)we will travel so distance no object for the right one. We would have a year to get to know the person and them to know us and of course Ben. I have thought of that company...is it bark busters? but they don't tell you where your dog is going, i mean you get info about the people etc but not the geographic location I am not sure about that I would need to meet people before leaving Ben with them and even then I might be a bit of a nightmare
- Thanks
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Dont know the name but if you look in Perthshire directories there was a woman who did take home boarders and had a good reputation and didnt work as a franchise either so you went to her home etc Plenty room for running outdoors etc too.

Sorry couldnt be more help
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks Doberman that would be handy as Perthsire near us by directories do you mean like the yellow pages? Or is there a specific directory I should be looking at? Is there even an accredited organisation. If all else fails and we don't find somewhere suitable we will be going to Skye which we both love and Ben can come too but we are looking at Iceland or Scandinavia
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
yeh, like the perthshire business pages in the phonebook, yellow pages etc

I'm not sure if there is an accredited organisation, there may well be but they are sometimes just a directory that people pay to be in so just keep that in mind if you find one and I'd look into that...

Hope you get someone, at least you have the option of Skye but I can understand wanting to go for your honeymoon abroad too.

Some home boarders that take more than one will have people they know who will take a dog on its own so that may be an option for you, as long as they let you know where your dog is going, who to...I dont like the sound of the one you mentioned - I'd want to know where my dog is going and who with!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
How is he with other male dogs? How is he with cats?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
(or any of my non Scots friends too feel free to chip in if you know anyone in Scotland)
Lynne come and have your honeymoon over here and we'll look after Ben for free He'll need a pet passport but it's not a problem now.

(I'ts a long way, and not the ideal honeymoon location but we would love to have him for a few weeks)
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-12-2010, 10:22 PM
I think Barking Mad is the company you're thinking of - the company you DON'T want to use !
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 08:24 AM
oh Lynne. I'm so, so tempted to say that we'd have him when you are away. If we just had Stumpy I definitely would but its probably not a good idea with the 2 girls. Not that I think Ben would be charging around and knocking Hoki over like Tip used to.

But don't feel guilty having one holiday without him...its your honeymoon and it should be extra special. Unfortunately I've got no ideas for you - the only person I knew who used to do it moved down to the south of England and I lost touch with her
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I would recommend my dog walker.

Benzmum I've pm'd you with some details, hope it helps. It's good that you've thought so far ahead and hope you find someone you'll be happy to leave Ben with
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
How is he with other male dogs? How is he with cats?
He is FANTASTIC with cats, and well other dogs...thats a hit and a miss!! LOL Some he is great with and others he is grumpy wee soul who yes if I am honest does sometimes growl etc - that is why it so impostant to us that we have plans in place and everyone is happy with them foremostly Ben then the person who will be looking after him and of course us!! He is usually great if he meets a dog offlead and can have a play before any confined interaction but he has met loads of dogsey dogs and played nicely and been in houses etc with some so its not a major problem

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Lynne come and have your honeymoon over here and we'll look after Ben for free He'll need a pet passport but it's not a problem now.

(I'ts a long way, and not the ideal honeymoon location but we would love to have him for a few weeks)
Aw H now I am really tempted!! Might have to do some research on the area. I just read out your post to Stuart and he said yes and you would have to get a human passport but I am going to have to get that regardless

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
I think Barking Mad is the company you're thinking of - the company you DON'T want to use !
Thats the place - not good then? I was really surprised they don't actually tell you where your dog is going and all the info you get is like a profile folder of the people that will be looking after your baby...not my idea of a relaxing well researched harmonious home board
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh Lynne. I'm so, so tempted to say that we'd have him when you are away. If we just had Stumpy I definitely would but its probably not a good idea with the 2 girls. Not that I think Ben would be charging around and knocking Hoki over like Tip used to.

But don't feel guilty having one holiday without him...its your honeymoon and it should be extra special. Unfortunately I've got no ideas for you - the only person I knew who used to do it moved down to the south of England and I lost touch with her
Thanks Hali - I am feeling a bit guilty for even thinking of it but if we can't find the right person that "feels" right then it will be Skye with Ben! I don't think Ben would know what to do with Stumpy and Hoki LOL I think he would be overwhelmed with all the females!!

Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
I would recommend my dog walker.

Benzmum I've pm'd you with some details, hope it helps. It's good that you've thought so far ahead and hope you find someone you'll be happy to leave Ben with
Thanks I got your pm

If anyone else has any recommendations please post or pm me - Many thanks to all so far
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >