Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 11:46 AM

Toots the cat is off to emergency vets

Well this is has been a good weekend!!

As I type this Toots is off to the emergency vets. She has been being sick since Friday and hasn't eaten anything and we are not sure if she has been drinking. She is hiding under the bed the whole time and going to her tray but not doing anything.

Anyway last night she was really sick but brought up a HUGE hairball so I thought that was that, but since then several more foamy and creamy liquid vomits, and then the last twice there has also been blood

So Stuart has just gone to the vets with her. I stayed here as I am not very good with things like that and get upset which makes the poor dog or cat upset too
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
One constipated cat is on her way home, she should be fine she has to be kept in and we have to keep an eye on her
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Ok Stuart and the cat are now home, she has been given antibiotics - Duphacort Q, something to stop her being sick zantac injection, and a laxative Micralax and subcutaneous fluids she has to eat, drink and poo before tomorrow if not she has to go into our own vets for under anaesthetic investigation - £85.62 for a constipated cat!! Vet didnt say what caused it but says she was very constipated and it was definitely right to see her today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh blimey Lynne, you're really going through the mill there aren't you. Let's hope both Toots and grandpa will be ok soon.xxxxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Hope Toots makes a speedy recovery now and the other end gets moving and its not down to a blockage.
These animals do like to worry us don't they.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Blimey..... poor Toots. Hope things start to move really soon Lynne xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys no movement so far at least Stuart is off tomorrow afternoon so can take her to the vet as instructed if nothing by tomorrow
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Oh no, you are having a bad weekend. Poor Toots, my initial thought was a UTI as ours once had similar symptoms & that's what it was. I've never heard of a cat being constipated before! Hope she does the business soon & gets better xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Aw poor moggy. I hope things start moving soon for her.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Ekkkk poo Toots poo
What a shocker, poor you and Toots, hopefully when you wake up Toots will have gone to the loo and will keep fingers crossed xxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >